Sign in to follow this  

FS_meteo (updating weather inside FS)

Hello,I installed last version of FSUIPC and I don't know why everytime FS_meteo updates the weather inside FS2002 I get pauses/stutters for about 2-3 seconds (the update time).Any idea ?Thanks,Ulisses

hmmm .. only 2-3 seconds ... that's pretty good ... here's what happens ... every 6 minutes or whatever you set, meteo wakes up and uses your network connection to "go and get the weather" takes a little bit of horsepower to do that .. not much ..I suppose there are other answers ... but you do get used to it, and you can set the refresh to 10 minutes .. or whatever.a stutter every now and again is a small price to pay for having a neat 80 kt tailwind on you way from Paris to Malta or wherevermy silly opinion only

It's strange because my flight never stopped, pause, stutter, whatever while FS_Meteo was updating the weather...Ulisses

That's because you weren't lookin'hard enough, Ulisses. Wink!Peter Sydney Australia

What do you mean ? It always happen ??? It is a new computer, maybe it's so smooth that I can see it now :(Ulisses

Hi Ulisses,I have the same problem from time to time.Every 6 minutes, as the weather is downloaded, the sim freezes for 2 or 3 seconds. In the between, I have stutter comming with regularity. With the task manager, I can read a peak to 80-100% cpu load alternating withe a 60% cpu load every 20 seconds. Between these peaks, the cpu load is about 4-5%. If I stop FS-Meteo, no stutter anymore!I have tried to analyse this further, but I did not discover from where it happens.So if it does stutter, I stop every thing and reboot my computer and the problem has gone...Does somebody know more about that?

Hi,I found a way to avoid the stutters, in my case if I turn on the Hi Resolution Winds Aloft in the fsmeteo preferences, the weather is updated without stutters, just a very quick pause....I found some regions work better with hi-res winds. I sent some logs to Marc and he will be checking why this happens.Another suggestion to avois stutters is to turn off all turbulences both in fs_meteo and fsuipc.Ulisses

Jean-Claude,I think you will find the 20 second cycle stutter with FS Meteo when you have the destination lock enabled. I guess FSMeteo is checking every time whether your locked destination airport is within range. If you take the lock off for me the stutters go away.keith cocker