Sign in to follow this  
Guest kurtj

ATC.DLL error stopping FS2002

Guest tascaso

Lately I am seeing FS2002 lock up stop and then the little WinXP message box pops up when I inquire within as to the error, I note that the ATC.DLL is listed as the culprit. Do I replace it with a fresh one from the CAB files??? Anyone have ideas or recommendations.Tony

Hi Tony,does the error persist if you turn off ATC in FS2002 (I know, that's no solution for you, but I'm interested in that)?Bye,Timo

You can try replacing the atc.dll but it is probably something you added to fs2002 that is causing the atc.dll to crash. Have you added any AI modified Scenery, AFCAD files, new AI aircraft, updated voice files.

Guest kurtj

I have gotten this two in the past with an Airbus A320 panel and plane. It's weird. I also think if you don't follow atc percisely when landing it will crash atc.dll. Just a suggestion try to defrag and scandisk your computer and go fly again with the same plane and panel and do the default ones two and see if it causes it to crash, if it doesn't it is probably fragmented files. If it does, then it is probably an addon that was installed lately that could be the culprit.