Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Flight plan problems

I have problems creating flight plans outbound Tel-Aviv when I choose to fly from Tel-Aviv after pressing the find route button I get message that say can not find route lease try vor to vor but it does not work only direct gps is working. And when I try to edit manually I dont get any waypoits routs or vor's on the map I even do not get Tel-Aviv airport. The problem does notoccure when flying inbound to Tel-Aviv Thank's

Are you using WinXP SP1. If so, right click the fs2002 icon, select properties, compatibility tab, and deselect compatibility mode.Have you tried making flight plans for any other part of the world? Do they work?Have you added any scenery files for Israel or the Tel-Aviv area? If so, open scenery library under World menu area and deselect that scenery. Once deselected, do you now have the necessary NAVAIDS?Lastly, depending on the distance between VORs, the system may not allow VOR-to-VOR navigation if it is too great or there are no VORs available over large areas of the flight.I tried several flights from Tel-Aviv to different areas in the Middle-East and had varying success. I tried a flight from Tel-Aviv to Germany without success. In all cases, I was able to fly high altitude/low altitude/GPS routes.

Thank's the idea of deselecting the scenery helpedand now I can fly outbaoun Tel-Aviv

I suspect the addon scenery is excluding the NAVAIDS or confusing the system with NAVAIDS of its own. Check the scenery folder for this scenery and see if it has a *.bgl labelled ATC or AFD. If so, cut and paste this *.bgl to a safe area outside of fs2002, then try the scenery again.FS2002 maintains the NAVAIDS in the fs2002scenedbAFDFILESScenery folder. Designer can add NAVAIDS to their new scenery but it sometimes confuses fs2002. In reality, the designers need to add their new navaids to the AFDFILESScenery folder vice placing them with their scenery. Also if the default NAVAIDS are accurate then they should not be excluded or changed.