Sign in to follow this  

C-17 Gmax version ??

As a big fan of Posky's C-17 Globemaster, I was wondering if there was a Gmax version about or any plans for one?I read somewhere that the next release for FS is likely to confine itself to running Gmax models only. Whether or not I agree with this move (if it's correct) is a different subject, (I'd suggest a new thread if anyone can't resist :)) but personally, I'm trying to forward plan a little.Any info on the C-17 appreciated.

Thanks for the inquiry. As the POSky C-17 is my original design, I do have the C-17 in the que to be completed in gmax. It is about 70% textured, and 80% animated. I too realize that future FS version(s) will only utilize gmax or FSDS V2 designs, so moving it to gmax is my way of prolonging its existence for FS. I still think it is my best accomplishment, and it's looking great so far.I am currently working on the C400 Cheyenne and PC-6 Porter as well, so I work on the C-17 when I have some downtime between these two projects. No guarantees...but I do hope to have it done before FS 2004 hits store shelves.Best,Owen

Hey Owen! How do Bud!Been meaning to ask the same thing! LOL! Can't wait...let me know if there's something you really need. (besides time!) Also...send me a message if your interested in continuing a certain beta for a long while...I may be able to help....let me know.

Hey JET...good to hear from you. Expect an email soon.Best,Owen

I have to ask. what difference does it make what 3d package a plane is made in. Everything gets exported to an MDL anyway.. doesnt it? What makes GMAX better?

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

GMAX is much more FPS friendly compared to FSDS (don't yet know about FSDS2) which can make a big difference if you run lots of AI and like busy airports. (or fly MP!) Also, only GMAX aircraft can move into FS2004 when it comes out....

Owen - Great news. I think it's one of the best aircraft in my hanger and I'm very pleased it won't fall by the wayside with the next issue of FS200?. Good luck with your other projects too.vscimone - In addition to the points made above, one of the identifying features of any Gmax aircraft (and I've been asked this a lot in the past) is the ability to see the landing lights illuminiating the scenery through the cockpit view. Obviously this isn't the only reason for producing a Gmax aircraft, but it's an easy way of telling if any given add-on aircraft you might have is Gmax or not. The main advantages lie in the improved fps and, for those who appreciate this aspect of FS2002, proper deployment of landing gear when used as A.I aircraft. Non-Gmax models tend not to display the undercarriage for some reason.