Sign in to follow this  

doing a rolling loop

I have problems doing a rolling loop here is a .gif picture of what I am trying

what is the problem precicely ?What plane do You fly with?Carl

hiit seems you have a FAI handbook or something for aerial acrobatics.assuming you are flying with an extra 300 or a CAP or similar, first things first :1) the manouver is a combo of two : the loop and a barrel roll right?the roll is a 4 point roll executed simultaneously with an inside loop. can be done outside but lets take it easy. its hard enough as it is.assuming you can do a loop 100% right and a barrel roll 100% too, well ........... just do them both at the same time :-)).seriously. on RC flying, the basic training is to split the manouver in steps.in the present situation, i would split in 2.first, try to start the inside loop, and at the 180

I am trying a diamond rolling loop with 4 rolls at each point on the loop then when I get it masterd begin smoothing it out to a perfect rolling loop

Guest emergency_pants

Isn't it much harder to achieve it as a diamond? How can you keep your airspeed up (and no stalls!!) with a tight turn like that over the verticals?I would suggest keeping smoother, fluid control of the plane. If it were me (and I haven't tried this yet... just some thoughts) I would do it all by timing. How long does it take to complete a full loop and then split that time by four to get how long you should take to do a roll. You can count it off in four stages.But it's not a clean rolling loops is it? It's gonna be a kind of loop made up of a corkscrew maybe? Not sure.ok... Pedro says to split your stick control into four stages, balancing elevators, rudder and ailerons. So, taking his cool instructions, I would try this... Go into a continuous roll. As you roll the plane will begin to dive a little. So... when you are upside-down, push the stick forward... as you roll back to normal, pull the stick back and watch your plane begin to pitch up as you roll over and over. Now all you have to do is repeat that process over a full loop ...and you say you want to reduce the speed of the roll to only four per loop!As you reduce the speed of the roll, keep using the forward and back technique on the stick, but ALSO compensate the slow roll by using your rudder. As pedro says, here is your process...uprightpull back a littleroll fast left side downupside downpush forwarduprightpull backupsidedownpush forwardslow the rolluprightpull back... got it? your pitch is rising.now, as you have a slow roll as you roll your left wing down the pitch of the plane will drop, so you need to apply some right rudder. **All the time your left wing is down, apply that right rudder**1 upright2 pull back3 left wing pointing down4 right rudder5 upside down6 push forward7 left wing pointing up8 left rudder1 upright2 pull back3 left wing pointing down4 right rudder5 upside down6 push forward7 left wing pointing up8 left rudderone loopfour rolls in totaleight counts for each roll* your stick is left all the time to get the correct roll rate.* You make smooth forward, backward movement on the stick in rhythm with your roll rate* your make smooth alternation between left and right rudder in rhythm with your roll rateIt's like a neat little dance... a matter of smoothness and keeping that rhythm going.watch out for stalls, regardless of airspeed (?)you had your timings, based on the total time for the loop... it needs some simple math division. But you'll probably need to add some time because the roll will slow the plane, and therefore will slow the time it takes to complete a loop. I guess you'll need some serious engine power or eventually, you will probably run out of airspeed and/or stall.I have no idea whether this'll work or not, but it's a theory... I do know that the push forward/pull back work on the stick achieves a change in pitch... the rest is theory. I could be very, very wrong. Comments?... it's a piece of cake... nothingeasier... could do it with my eyes closed.... and my hands tied behind my back... with loud music... and barking dogs with crying babies in the background... all while I'm doing my Christmas shopping! Believe me when I say, I would never be able to do this manouver... but you've really got me thinking about it... I'll try it next time Im flying!!Thanks for a coool post!CheersSimon.

Thanks Simon I will keep posting cool pictures I have one that you will realy like its in here to I think