Sign in to follow this  
MKaprocki

Attention all Geforce4 Ti 4600 users

Guest sfgiants

First, if you got your Ti 4600 from Visiontek when it first came out, have you received your t-shirt?Second, what driver and Tweaks have you made that has made FS2002 run the "best."Please also state your CPU and RAM.Driver: 40.72Riva: -3.0 LOD, AF at 8x, 4XsPentium IV 2.0768 RAMStill getting blurries here and there.Tim

Hi,Got the tee shirt and the adapter plug thingy. Took several months and wondered what the heck it was by the time I got it, then remembered. Never used the adapter plug. Wife loves the Tee Shirt. What a deal. Alienware "Area 51" P 4 2.2 gigVisiontek Ti 4600 Geforce 41 Gig PC 800 RamDirectX 9 BetaDrivers-Tried them all. From 20 series up to 4109 and everything in between. My best luck so far comes from using 30.82 coupled with DirectX 9 Beta. I would not recommend using DirectX 9 Beta to anyone because that can surely be a crapshoot. Usually, I steer away from anything beta but I got the old hair up the wazoo and did it. Results were amazing. Thought all the hype was BS but I had to give it a try. I got lucky and it worked for me. FPS increased a good 25%. Seems like a better quality picture and fewer blurries but they're still around here and there. Read all the stuff pro and con on DirectX 9 Beta. I understand it isn't supposed to do what I am seeing, but I am seeing it. It is probably a result of it resetting some option somewhere so I get better results. Whatever the reason, it made a huge difference for me. Restated: I do NOT recommend that anyone take this gamble unless you are wanting to gamble. I just got lucky. Performance: 40 FPS at default Meigs Flight Selection sitting on the deck looking down the runway every selection option maxxed out. Previously was just under 30. Just my facts with this particular system. Flying over Chicago things drop into the 30 range with spectacular crisp view of the skyline. Definitely better than I had ever seen it before. Your mileage may certainly vary. FSAA selected within the sim. Seems to make no difference with or without it selected which I find amazing. I have FSAA selected to let applications select it within the driver itself. I haven't messed with Anistropic Filtering. Don't really even understand what it is, so you know right away my level of knowledge about all this stuff. Hope this helps,Bob, Rogers, Arkansas

Guest sfgiants

I too am using Directx 9 beta. So, I'll use the 30.82 driver directly from Visionteks web site.I'm still waiting for my t-shirt though...Tim

Gainward Ti4600 Golden SampleAthlon XP 2000+ (not for long ;) )512MB PC270041.09 driversRiva: -.6 LOD, 4X Aniso, 2X AAFS Locked at 37 fps and mostly stays there.Matt