Sign in to follow this  

Question regarding MY TRAFFIC

Guest sfgiants

Is this even come close to FSTRAIFFIC for FS2000 where we see airplanes continually landing and taking off?My airport, KSJC, rarely has traffic taking off and landing.Thanks in advance!fyi...just returned Airport 2002 v1. The Traffic is not even close to what SimFlyers provides.Disappointing.Tim

I use mainly Project AI flightplans so can't comment on MYTraffic. However, there are several factors that will decrease/increase AI traffic at your favorite airport. One is the number of gates available. If you have limited gates, then AI flightplans can only place the number of aircraft to the number of gates available. Next are flightplans. If your airport is naturally busy and flightplans for the airlines that service your airport are provided, you should see a busy airport.You can add gates using AFCAD. You can develop flightplans using tools like TTools, AITM, yRoute. You can download and install Project AI official and unoffical flightplans or install MYTraffic.From reading the posts since MYTraffic was released, it seems to be well received especially for non-techies.The days of the dynamic scenery is over. FS2002 has the capability to use dynamic scenery and you might try loading the fs2000 dynamic scenery into FS2002 and see if you like it. I used some dynamic scenery when FS2002 first came out but have given it up with the advent of using additional AI.

Guest sfgiants

Thank you.I have LAGO's Scenery Enhancer and some other goodies from SimFlyers. My Traffic looks like a GREAT substitute for FS Traffic.Tim

Guest Maul

Hello,I have MyTraffic and it's a great program. While I do agree that Project AI has more accurate flightplans and better repaints, MyTraffic has constant traffic all the time. It doesn't matter if it's 2pm or 2am, traffic is always flying in and around almost any airport. Plus it includes a lot more airlines than Project AI has right now. I used to use PAI, but I found the countless installs to take too much time and a lot of times I wasn't getting lots of aircraft at airports I wanted. Plus the high quality models made my system take a fps hit that wasn't working for me. Why MyTraffic? Here's an example: I flew out of Milwaukee with PAI, not a bunch of traffic, just some United planes & ATA & a few more. Plus, they were limited to their real world schedules, so sometimes there were a couple planes, sometimes a little more. With MyTraffic, a whole bunch of Midwest Express and a whole bunch of other flights as well. The tarmac was packed! When I landed at O'Hare, all the gates were full and I was still getting 10 fps (which is great with my setup), whereas with PAI, I was getting less than 5 fps with probably 1/3 the amount of traffic. Another great thing about MyTraffic is that it comes with AFCAD files made for each airport. Meaning you don't have to download others and waste time searching for them. Plus, there was a great amount of American and United aircraft at O'Hare, just like in real life. So I'm sure that DFW would have a plethora of American planes while ATL would have a bunch of Delta aircraft. When I flew into O'Hare, I landed on 9R, traffic was departing from 32L and 22R, it's great to see traffic utilizing different runways! And MyTraffic does include overlays, like at O'Hare, when you choose an airport, you can choose: O'Hare MyTraffic Int'l (jets the utilize gates medium - large), O'Hare MyTraffic Regional (small gates) and O'Hare MyTraffic South (Southwest Cargo Parking). I'm also pretty sure they assign you different runways with whichever you choose as well. It even uses wind direction to determine landing runways. There aren't as many traffic jams too because aircraft are landing on different runways and departing from different runways as well. Even if you do have a problem with a traffic jam, you can contact the technical support and they always put out a fix for the airport within days or even hours. Customer satisfaction is really top notch over there because they strive to utilize all points of FS2002 and to make their product better. For example, you got Simflyers Scenery, they support that so your third party scenery lines up with the gates, taxiways and runways. For example, I have Simflyers KMCO & KPHL. When I landed in Orlando, they told me to go to gate D16 (for example) and when I taxied over to the gate, it was actually numbered D16! Very exciting to see! All in all, PAI may be free and really high quality, but their airlines are limited right now, AFCAD files you have to download and install yourself and separate installations are a pain. With MyTraffic, sure you pay a little under $30, but you get: free upgrades, great customer support, a whole bunch of airlines worldwide (200 I believe), nonstop traffic around the clock, third party support, aircraft models that are great quality but also trade off some looks for performance (like I said before, ORD, all gates full and 10 fps for me, and that's with a 1GHZ, 512 MB RM, 32MB Radeon Card) and airports that are already configured with multiple runways for arrivals and departures and wind direction based too.Sorry this was such a long post, but I hope you read it all. And once again, I got nothing against PAI and there is even a way to get PAI to mix with MyTraffic, but my laptop can only take so much, so I'll stick with MyTraffic. But I figure with this program and Radar Contact 3.0, this is the best it will get until FS2004 (crossing my fingers.)Thanks for reading!MaulWho Wants To Fly The Big Jets In & Out Of Chicago O'Hare...I DO! :-wave

Hi Maul,I purchased My Traffic and it stored in the My Traffic folder. Could you help me in some basics of loading it ? It looks quite complex, and I confess, I have not yet taken the time to read the documentation. Any brief assistance would be appreciated.many thanks in advance.Les Parson

jerrycwo4 What a GREAT post. "My Traffic" WILL be my next add-on ! jerry

Guest freequest

All i can say is its good and it works... im not a FS tech type of guy so i just installed it and it works.. the traffic may not be relistic in regards to flight scheduals and such but at least you get to pratice sitting in a que at a taxiway waithing for you turn as aircraft land and take off.I find its well worth the money i paid for it purests may disagree :)

Guest WorkingStiff

As far as I can recall, the aircraft models in MyTraffic were licensed from Project AI; so its the same aircraft.Plus between the unofficial and official downloads you can have approx. 100 liveries with real-life timetables. I have MyTraffic, but after being spoiled by Project AI I haven't even bothered to install it.

Guest Maul

Hi Les,I think I can help. It's a pretty easy install, which really requires no documentaion reading at all. After you've downloaded the base package, (which is an executable file) just double click on it and point it to your FS2002 main directory. After that, it will do the rest and install everything you need. Don't be discouraged if you load up FS immediatelly after you install and find no AI traffic. That just means you have to restart your system and then it'll be there the next time (just the way it is I guess.) If you have any more questions, check out this website http://forums.simflight.com and go under the MyTraffic Support page. Like I said before, they have top notch customer service and are always striving to make MyTraffic better everyday. Plus, you'll be in for a surprise when you read the first post in their help forum (hint, hint.)Hope this helps.MaulWho Wants To Fly The Big Jets In & Out Of Chicago O'Hare...I DO! :-wave

Guest Maul

What You said is very true, most of the the models are licensed to PAIand it's awesome that they let the MyTraffic team utilize them as well. The only thing that really differs in the model dept. are the simplistic paint designs which really keeps the fps hit low. I also understand about the liveries and timetables you can download from PAI, but I just don't have the time to sit down and do all those installs. All in all, PAI is great, but my computer can't run those type of high quality a/c. If I had a superfast computer, I'd run them both, but MyTraffic is shaping up to compete with PAI pretty well. Plus they have an editor so you can model flight plans and aircraft after real schedules and airlines if you really want to.MaulWho Wants To Fly The Big Jets In & Out Of Chicago O'Hare...I DO! :-wave

Very good money spent. I am not a real Flight Sim techie and don't want to spend a lot of time fiddling under the hood. I'd rather spend my time flying the sim.My Traffic fills up the airports with appropriate traffic with one click. Yes even SJC is fixed.Again purists may disagree with the schedules and all, but I am quite pleased with the results.Dave Spurlock

>"don't want to spend a lot of time fiddling under the hood..."Yes, AI can end up eating a lot of time! But, IMO, it is worth it when you see the correct airlines operating from the airports you frequent.>"Again purists may disagree with the schedules and all..."I could live with the schedules not being true, but (1) MyTraffic doesn't support RAFCAD (radius method) and (2) you see aircraft at locations where they don't belong. (2) is being corrected via a rather continuous stream of updates, however to my knowledge, there is no intention of curing (1). I shouldn't let it bother me, but it really bugs me to see random jet parking assignments.