Sign in to follow this  

Is There a True Gauge Cleaner?

Guest N247BK

I posted earlier in search of a good gauge folder "cleaner", but nothing short of nightmares have emerged thus far. Is anyone using a good, safe, easy to use gauge [folder] cleaner?Many Thank-Yous for your help !

Guest N247BK

Bumping my own ... thanks for your patience.

Guest UweR

Hi, I have yet to see a wrongfully "cleaned" but yet essential gauge with FS Panel Studio. Maybe a bit expensive to be used eclusively as cleaning tool, but meets your needs "good, safe, easy to use".Regards, UweEdit: With regards to gau cleaner: I get the 421 error every time and thus can

Hey Bob I just noticed an earlier post and you are using the same program but a newer version. I have not yet updated mine so I wonder if the new one only has a problem. I could zip and email you the other version if you want to try itBobG

Guest etanin

I have not used one in a lone time. If I remember the big problem was that they do not check the Fsfsconv folder or whatever the folder is were I keep all of my best panels to share with other aircraft. So they just go and delete all the gauges you need for your best panels.I just do not install a panel if I'm not sure if I will use it or need it. I also keep all the panel zips and I can check them and delete the hard way. One file at a time.

Guest N247BK

Thanks BoB G, that would be most kind. I only wish the author will respond and let us knw if a "fix" is forthcoming.I anxiously await your e-mail.

Bob Kmy email is robert.ginn@charter.netSend me a message and I will have yours so I may attach the olderversion of the gauge cleanerBob

Guest Edam

I haven't used FS Panel Studio, so I can't comment on it, but all of the others that I have tried have been useless. Every single one removed gauges that shouldn't have been removed. Fortunately, I backed up my entire gauge folder before trying them. I urge anyone who wants to try one of these gauge cleaner programs to do the same before using them. That's not to say that there isn't one out there that actually works, I just haven't found one that does.

Guest UweR

Safety first ;-)FS Panel Studio lets you review every single gauge you "clean" and offers a backup in addition to the deletion of the file. But it isn

WipeGauges 2002, and that new Gauge cleaner just released a day ago on AVSIM, both crash when I try to use them. I get some script error and the problem just BOMBS out about half way through scanning for invalid gauges.Program crashes about 90% of the way thru the scan:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3df04b3a256a1d0c.gifCan't even get this one to open :(http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3df04b3f25727005.gifAny ideas on what is causing this/how to fix these problems?

Guest Scott Campbell

Bob,I'm particularly fond of Guage Cleaner myself, but then again, I'm partial. It allows you to save to another directory, or delete completely.

Guest Scott Campbell

Bob,Gauge Cleaner (mine) is close to that one but doesn't cost a penny. It also searches all directories and panel.cfg files under FSxxxxaircraft.It also allows one to save to another directory or delete completely.