Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Obscure Flight Plan Problem

Hi guysThis is perhaps a rather obscure question but someone may know the answer. After loading an imported flight plan into flightplanner that has positioned my aircraft at the t/o runway, i generally use slew mode to reposition it back at a gate. However, on most occations, after switching off slew mode, the aircraft suddenly goes into full throttle (even if the engines were originally off) and then proceeds to thunder off by itself !!! Anyone got any advice on how i may get around this problem - is it possible to modify the flight plan file to start at a gate (assuming i know its coordinates) instead of a runway for instance. If i try this in flighplanner, as soon as i change the t/o location to a gate, i'm no longer able to load the original flight plan without passing it through flightplanner's own flight planner. Unfortunately, this invariably changes the original plan.ThanksGary

Guest danowat

Hi Gary,I am not 100% sure, but I think that the slew problem is that when you turn it off the plane is slightly off the ground.I have this problem also sometimes, and if I press the DOWN button ("A" I think) to make sure the plane is on the ground it's OK.Let me know how you get onDan.

Download and install FSUIPC, set the "no relocate on GPS Flightplan" and you can start at a gate. Also you can open a flightplan (*.pln) with Notepad or Wordpad and change the starting location.

Guest Niels_C

Hi there,I think that both options would work, but regardsless of youraircraft, if it is not "grounded" by pressing "a" while in slew(or whatever key is assigned) it will fly of by itself.Try it with the Skyhawk for instance, enter slew and tap "q"to lift it a bit and end slew and watch.-Niels Christiansen

Try hitting F1 just before coming out of slew.Works for me. Especially if you have been slewing backwards.

Hi guysThanks for all of your advice regarding my obscure flightplan problem. Just in the way of a quick update, i decided to try adjusting the "no relocate on GPS Flightplan" within FSUIPC as i had it already running within fs. Good news, it worked perfectly - my a320 didn't move from its gate one inch !!!Regarding FSUIPC, i noticed it was capable of adjusting a lot more than just the flight plan starting position. Can anyone point me to a good site regarding a complete description of what it's capable of.Thanks for all of your helpGary

Gary, Gary, Gary!!! Read the excellent User's guide that comes with the download. There is also an Advanced User's guide for follow-on reading.If after you have digested, redigested, and totally read the above and still have questions, just ask!:-lol