Sign in to follow this  

Dash 8 problem

First of all I'm using WinME and have had ZERO problems with the computer or FS or any add-ons. When I installed the new Dash 8 I put gdiplus.dll in the modules folder and added it to the FS2002.cfg old modules list (standard procedure). Now when I start FS it crashes before it gets to the first splash screen. The display goes black for a second and drops back to the desktop. If I delete gdiplus from the modules folder all is well again as long as I don't select the Dash 8.Has any one had this happen with WinME? Is gdiplus not compatible with WinME? I've tried multiple downloads with the same effect. Any other suggestions? I'd really like to get the Dash working. Thanks.

Guest wkzzo

gdiplus goes in the main fs2002 root directory, not the module's folder. Im running XP pro and did not have to install this DLL.

Thanks for the reply. I tried it in both locations - still no joy.

Well my problem is that FS crashes to desktop because of the Dash8All.gau file from version 3. When replacing it with the old Dash8All.gau file from the previous DHC-8 version 2 the sim does not crash. I am using Windows 98 SE.Any suggestions?

Guest wkzzo

I assume you have the latest FSUIPC in your modules folder. Did you try installing everything manually, copy and pasting. Gauge file in the gauge folder and probably the most important thing, do not rename the dash 8 aircraft folder after you put it in the aircraft directory, it needs to remain as is or it will not work.

I'll try the old gauge and see what happens. Do you know what the difference is?

Hi Martin !Another users are able to install the Dash at winME, so the problem is something else.What exactly the text of the message, you are getting from fs2002 when trying to load the Dash8 ?regardsOleksiy.

I've had the same failure problem with the new version of the Dash8All gauge. I am using Win ME. The old gauge does not give the error but I'm not sure everything is working on the panel either. The new gauge simply won't load - and I've tried the OLD MODULES option in the config file too. If anyone knows what to do next, please advise.Stan V.

I don't get any messages. The screen just goes black momentarily and drops back to desktop. I'm using a later version of FSIUP v2.94. I'll see if I can find 2.88 and see what happens.

Oleksiy and Martin,Please pardon my jumping into the middle of your original conversation but if it will help resolve a similar issue mentioned above, the error message I received from Win ME was/is as follows:"Microsoft 2002 was unable to load some 3rd party software. You can continue using your Flight Simulator but your 3rd party software will be disabled."and then it specifically lists the Dash8All.GAU file.Stan V.

Oleksiy,Okay - please don't waste any time trying to resolve my particular problem. The fault was (blush) totally mine. As they say, "Read the Fine Manual"... With gdiplus installed as instructed, my new gauge now works just fine.Stan V.

Hi Stan Martin told me he have followed the included install.htm. So he suppose to have it all at the right places. And the fault as he described it (no error messages, black screen and fs2002 closing) is somehow unusual :)

Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions. I tried an earlier version of fsuip and it worked properly. Just for grins re-installed the latest version and again it works. I must have had a corrupted file. Anyway, the Dash 8 is absolutely stunning. All is well in Paul land. (That's what my wife calls my FS hobby)

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi,it occured to me while reading this thread that GDIPLUS is the extended Windows GDI API for Win XP?!? It is a microsoft API. Do you say it works in a previous OS too?

HI ! Yes, that's what the dll is for. It brings the gdi+ functions into the previous (Win98, Me) versions. XP users do already have this dll installed by Billy .regardsOleksiy