Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

Severe Download Problem - FS Sky

I have been DESPERATELY trying to download the files for FS Sky and file fsswcld1.zip just will NOT complete the download. EVERY time I try it hangs at a diiferent percentage of download. I does the same with GoZilla and then the file corrupts?Any other website I can get these files for FS Sky?

I just tested it and it downloaded fine for me in about 10 seconds across my cable connection. So I didn't have any "severe" download problem on this end. Are you sure you internet connection isn't timing out for some reason?

Thanks. No its not timing out. I DO live in the UK, one of the WORST countries for slow internet connections. Broadband is slowly becomming available but at a skyhigh price! I am with Tiscali on 56k, maybe its the ISP. Can you recommend a good File download program? While composing this message I was trying to download a smaller file rthderP1.zip and its hanging at at 1.97mb of download total 2.05mb, talk about frustrating. I hate this damn country, its so behind with everything, and its so damn expensive to live in. Thats why I like to 'fly away' from it.

Well, I haven't used Gozilla in a while ever since they started packaging spyware with their program. They may be different now. Anyway, I always had good luck with Download Accelerator. Here is where you can download it:http://download.com.com/3000-2071-6289136....page&tag=buttonYou can also get back to the company's website from that page. One note, I haven't used this latest version since I have been getting good speed and reliability with just my standard download on my cable modem.

Guest Matt Johnson

That's unfortunate.I'm in the UK on 56k too though, and I can vouch that any problems you might be having of this type aren't AVSIM's fault. I've not used Tiscali (I'm on Demon myself) -- but something like DAP may well help.Regards,--M