Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Tower stops clearing planes for takeoff when I get clos

I have had a problem, at Ohare mainly, where I get in line for takeoff behind a lot of other planes and the tower stops clearing everyone for takeoffs.It is still clearing for landing on other runway so that's not the problem.I even tune to tower after cleared for taxi to make sure planes are taking off,which they are,but once I get close and in line behind other planes waitng for takeoff we all just sit there.Nothing happens.I have collision turned off so I drive right thru all they other planes,request permission for takeoff and tower clears me for takeoff.I am usingg Project AI aircraft.Anyone else have this problem?It doesn't always happen.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

For some reason, ai planes take forever to clear the runway. If you have a bunch of planes taking landing, it might really back up your take offs. You can search this or the AI forum for a fix _ I know there is a ground speed adjustment that can be made.

I have had this problem before. I can't say when it last happened or where. But every now and then you will get to the end of the runway and no one is going anywhere. It is kind of like real life airports in this manner....I usually take the taxyway just before the end and use that. Time for some short field take off practice... Sometimes it will seem like the AI plane is stuck and can't move forward.... Also, have you seen where project air traffic will just fly straight into the ground. Every now and then, I will notice an AI aircraft fly straight into the runway or another object... I always feel sorry for the poor AI souls onboard... Oh well, as long as I get to take off and complete my scheduled flight....

I have waited a long time and nothing happens.Planes are taking off like clockwork till I get up in line then everything stops.No one is even requesting permission to take off.But if I drive thru the line of planes I can request and I get permission to take off.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.