Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Have Lost AI Traffic

Guest Heather 636

Help! I'm all alone up there.After two and a half months since my last flight, I have logged a couple of hours last evening but noticed that not once did I see or hear ATC address any other aircraft. The only thing I could think where the problem might lie is that I had renamed many of the folders that contained the default aircraft. Putting these back just as they were still has not resulted in getting my AI back.Does anyone have an idea where I should look for the problem?With well over 200 scenery files installed, besides other add-on, I cringe at the thought of reinstalling FS2002. I sure hope there's a relatively easy fix for this.regards,Heather

Guest C17SimGuy

Hi Heather,First I would check in the /scenedb/atc/ folder for a your traffic.bgl file. If it's not there, then that is a problem. If it is, it should be around 15 Megs, unless you added AI plans and such, in which case it should be proportionally larger per flight plans you added. Next I would check to the lines in the aircraft.cfgs for each of the aircraft that you use as AI to make sure that you didn't change the lines that state "title=your airplane" which is where the traffic.bgl looks to find the aircraft it uses. In fact, if you have traffic tools, I would decompile your traffic.bgl file and then check all the names in the aircraft.txt file that results from the decompilation. Check to make sure that the names of each of the aircraft in quotations is the same as the title line in each of the aircraft.cfgs. That's all I can think of for now. . .hopefully it'll help ya out a bit!Regards,Drew

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Drew, that gives me a place to start. I have done this before but it had been so long ago I had forgotten the details of it. Thanks for the lead and narrowing down the path. Regards,Heather

Heather,Check your fs2002aircraft folder for default.dp. If missing, retrieve from your fs2002 CDs using an unzipping program. Search the *.cab files for default.dp, extract, and place in your fs2002aircraft folder.

Guest Heather 636

As it turned out, the default.dp was indeed missing. Got it replaced and all is fine now.Thanks for the help. Would have beem lost otherwise.Cheers!Heather

HeatherOne other suggestion is this. I experienced a similar problem recently. Fortunately, I have Windows XP so simply restored my settings to 24 hours previously. What ever I did, (and like you a mystery) was repaired.Good LuckKeith

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Keith. Yes, I have, when all else failed, gone that route with a pretty good success rate. Unfortunately this time, it had been over two months since I had done any real lengthy flying and had no idea how long the situation had been like this. I had done so many other things in the meantime that I didn't want to "Restore" to an earlier date and undo all the other work I had done as well.Anyway, no worries. It turned out to be a missing default.db file after all. How that happened I have no idea but at least I'll know what to look for if it ever happens again.Nonetheless, good info or not, I appreciate all of the suggestions that everyone had to offer.ThanksHeather

Guest HansGroenewold

Greetings,I'm also having problems with no traffic with AI planes. I have the traffic.bgl file in my SceneDB/ATC folder, but it's about 12.4 MB big. I have all available airlines installed. Shouldn't this file be bigger than it is? I also have the default.dp file in the FS2002/Aircraft folder.I have my ATC traffic set to 100% and have plenty of Afcad files as well, but not a plane in sight. I have the updated airfiles and cfg files for AI installed too. What gives? anyone know?Thank youHans Groenewold

Search your fs2002 folder for more than one copy of traffic.bgl. If it is Mytraffic.bgl or any other traffic.bgl, the FS will read the files and try to use them.

Guest HansGroenewold

W. Sieffert,Thanks for your reply, I've attached a screenshot of the traffic files I have. Can you tell me which ones should be there and which ones I can eliminate? I removed all my AI planes and did a complete reinstall. I still have no planes. I have plenty of Afcad files and went to KORD at 5 in the afternoon and not a plane in sight. I have ATC set at 100% too.After I installed the base installer, I noticed the traffic.bgl file was about 7.5 MB. After installing 38 airlines, it was still about 13 MB, is that normal? Thanks for your help. I'll wait with deleting any traffic files until I hear from you. Sincerely,Hans

Unfortunately, you didn't expand the "In folder" area of your screen shot to show where the various "traffic" files were located. However, the following files shouldn't be a problem:traffic.dllTrafficlooktraffic_ORIGINAL.BBB - this file is Project AI's starting traffic.bgl file.traffic.bglThe file labelled "traffic" without an extension is suspicious and if it is in the same folder as traffic.bgl, I would move it to an area outside of the fs2002 folder.The only other file that could be missing is the default.dp in your fs2002aircraft folder. You also need to ensure the airport you are viewing AI aircraft has the Airline at that airport.