Sign in to follow this  
brandon

eurowings Bae 146

Guest gooper

Just want to know what purchasers of Eurowings Bae146 think of the product as I am considering buying it but want more info on it. how does the panel/plane compare to the DF737 or PSS airbus in terms of quality, frame rates etc?

Guest Lobaeux4

Can't compete with the DF737 or PSS Airbus, but I don't think it was intended to. I think it was made to fill a niche that other pay developers haven't, the commuter side. I haven't really looked at the BAE146 too much yet, but the ATR's are very good. Pass on it if all you want is the airbus though. The sceneries aren't great, I think the freeware Paris CDG might be better, but Templehof is very good. I've got it, but haven't flown it much honestly, the PIC 767 and DF/Ariane have taken up all my flight time.Lobaeux

The BAe 146 is a top class aircraft. Maybe it is not as good as the Dreamfleet 737, but it doesn't lag very far behind. The visual model is outstanding (GMax), the panel and overhead panel are very beautifully rendered, complete and functional. Just about every knob and switch is clickable and has a function. The flightmodel seems very good: the plane handles beautifully and is real fun to fly. It takes some practice though, because the BAe has a somewhat unusual autopilot (which is - as the manual states - true to life). Like the ATR and the Airbus of the package it uses the DF FMC, though it is less functional in this version. In fact, this is IMO the only feature where the DF737 had the advantage, in all other areas they are very comparable in quality. Eurowings Pro also comes with a comprehensive printed manual (about 160 pages thick), which is worth mentioning nowadays.The only main feature missing is a virtual cockpit. But then again, the DF 737 doesn't have one either.If it's the airbus you're most interested in, this product is not for you, but you won't find a better BAe 146 or ATR.When you consider you get 3 planes (all very well done) in several liveries each and 6 fairly well modeled airports for the price others charge for just one plane or scenery, I'd say you get more than your money's worth.Paul

I really like the Eurowings models also! I still think LAGO and NL2002 have them beat on EHAM, but some of the included airports are pretty good I think. I really like LFPG that is in the EuroWings package. I'll like it a lot more when I get overlays done for it this weekend :)