Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kurt

hardware - please help

oh man, im frustrated, dont know where to start, oki upgraded my pooter, from an athlon 1.33gig to an athlon 2400+ xp chip, the mobo i had in before wasn't compatible so i ordered a GA-7VRXP which turned out to be a bad mobo, so then not knowing if it was my fault or a bad mobo i sent it off to get repaired, out of state to a place called computer repair, inc. in alabahma, ok so now i just got it back tonight, everything seeeeems ok, BUTwhen i boot up its reporting a athlon xp 1800+ not my 2400+ this i dont understand.2. when i check system information, it says i have a athlon chip running at 1514mghz, the 2400 is rated at 1.93 gig, whats wrong here??3. and the most dissapointing thing, everytime i try to run and launch FS2k2, it crashes/and hangs on the splash screen?? !!!im so frustrated i just dont know where to begin, and of course i cant call my computer repair people until monday, so i was hoping if anyone could maybe get through a fix for the weekend, it would be much appreciatedim running, athlon 2400+ xp chip, with win xp home, 512megs ddr on board and geforce2 gts 32mb vid card a GA-7VRXP ver1.1 mobo with the latest bios and the computer repair people was suppose to burn it in and check everything out, seems they ripped me off!ciao!Brian S

Ciao!