Sign in to follow this  

Gauge Cleaner - Please !!!

Guest N247BK

I looked around feverishly yesterday, downloaded, looked again, downloaded again ... well you get the idea. We all have those days.I found NO useless gauge extraction tool that performed the simple task of comparing the gauges called in each FS2K2 panel, and sorting those out of the "Gauges" folder with no links to panels.I think I have found one that is easy to use, and that does the job.But, Nicola Marangon, even though you've put together a good tool, I cannot justify a $15 (USD) outlay for it. I mean, come on, three versions have been distributed within 24 hours to remedy bugs. The user interface is adequate, but you're not pushing the "envelope" with features I just cannot live without.I was all set to send you $5, but thought I would puke when I saw the $15 price tag. Take a good look at some of the "must have" freeware planes, panels, and utilities out there that are 1st class products and were donated by some truly good developers ... and good people.Man, get a grip!

Guest Edam

Um, Bob? As if your first posting, that got 16 replies, wasn't enough,http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...ewmode=threadednow you have posted again only to chastize a utility creator because of the price that he charges? If you don't like the price, you don't buy. Pretty simple. Somehow, I think that *you* are the one who needs to "get a grip."

Yes, I agree with Edam!Do what you like!I can only repeat what I said in the thread: I use Scott

I hear your pain!I too went through a long process of trying to find an accurate guage cleaner that was reliable/fast.Eventually a found an excellent freeware offering:Wipe Guages 3.0by Felipe TorreziniIt works across all FS versions. It is extremely reliable and very fast. Also allows you to "save" unused guages "just in case".I just checked and it is at simviation.comJust do a search there (or anywhere) for Torrezini. I think you'll be impressed....and it's FREEgwillmot

I have never been able to install that Gauge Cleaner (by Torrezini). I always get an error message saying that "some of the files on my PC are out of date.." and a question if I want to update them. Clicking yes has never brought any luck so far!!! Nothing has ever happened and that error message still appears even after re-loading!! I use Win ME.So, I stick to the one still working: Scott

Guest N247BK

I fail to see the difference in my issuing a public critique of a pricing structure (assuming there is one), and the people who publicly critique movies, automobiles, and so forth.I also search for drinkable wines all over my and many other cities of the world. If there appears to be no order in the pricing structure (driven by quality, vintage, etc.), I make it known. This seems to help bring "order" in many instances.I think there are some out here more than willing to gouge the public (you must be aware of this phenomenon), and I prefer to challenge this behavior.Commerce is more than a simple matter of " ... if you don't like, don't buy". Believe it or not, there are lots of people making attempts to "look out" for others and not just themselves (part of what this community is about).