Sign in to follow this  

Allignment of multiple views

I use FS2002 with 3 systems/monitors connected throuw WideView generating the 3 interconnected outside Views being a Front view - upfront view left ( 315 degree ) and Upfront Right ( 45 degree ). This is done with the New View function and the appropriate View selection. This all works fine but the View Heights and Zoom can only be adjusted in big steps while Angle can not be found. I use the Shift with Backspace for View Height and Plus/Minus for Zoom function. The point is that I have now overlap in landscape and a broken horizon and instruments panel. Does anybody know how to fix this perhaps in the software setting for Cessna and the BeechBaron. As I like to fly low and slow (IFR) the VIEW is most inportantThanks PdeBruin

If you haven't already, you may want to check the WideView forum][/b. Some fellows over there have worked the same issue. I believe the fix has to do with the editing of a cfg file.How is the stuttering on you clients? Mine works ok at cruise, but starts to stutter pretty good close to the ground and when turning.

I have no stutturing at all when using the IPX protocol as being thestandard protocol However I have been experimenting with TCP-IP asconnections need to be made for Meteo and WideServer App's So,all in all back to two protocols over the same LAN. I have now 1800Mhz and higher systems for the views with no other taskand switched meanwhile to Windows XP from ME which helpeda lot as I had strange hang-up's with the clients before.I have done exatly what Pete Towson told in his UICP filesdocuments as setup the parameters for the Clients perhaps this helped me to but I guess it is the shear power of the CPU's preventing the stutterFor your information FrontView is with GF4Ti4400 and at the 45 degree angles GF2mx400 only. Having done some comparisons running the three systems independent the same situation the folowing resultsAMD 1400 5.1 to 4.2 FPS AMD 1800 6.1 to 5.9 FPSAMD 2200 15.6 to 15.3 FPS Sis 645 MSIIntel 2200 12.5 to 10.3 FPS P4T533 Asus

>"I have no stuttering at all when using the IPX protocol..."That is excellent! I too have a dedicated IPX channel for WideView and while this has helped, it has not eliminated the stutters.>"I have been experimenting with TCP-IP asconnections need to be made for Meteo and WideServer App's..."I use WideFs over the IPX with no problem.>"switched meanwhile to Windows XP from ME"Both of my machines are running XP Pro.>"I have done exatly what Pete Towson told in his UICP files"I guess I need to go through the UICP doc's again.>"but I guess it is the shear power of the CPU's preventing the stutter..."The popular opinion on the WideView forum is that the CPU power is not related to the stuttering on the clients. It is rare to see the FPS count drop on the client (below the lock) but stuttering continues. This seems to indicate that the problem lies in the network coding rather than the power of the client PC.I run a PIII 1.0G for my client and have it locked around 20 with no problem - I'm surprised to see that your 1400 has such a low FPS.

Subject: Re: Help with WidevieWThe possibility to reorient the outside view usingeither wideview or CTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE/ENTER hasbeen discontinued in FS2002. In order to changethe angle of view, please open the "panel.cfg"file of the aircraft in use on the client (thisfile is usually placed into FS2002'saircrfataircraft_namepanel folder) and searchfor the followings statements:[VIEW]VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=0.0 0.0 0.0The last number must be changed to the desiredview angle, for example 20.5UNQUOTE ------------------------------------However this does not fix the problem as it onlymoves the pilots view in the Cockpit View situation to the desired angle....of sight So the main panel remainsin front of you which is not the purpose of the left and rightviewing systems.The thing is that if you go to new View and selectCockpit view with and Upfront left view - The whole thingthen switches to Virtual View mode with corresponding panelsand new sight. I have checked the Mangenta and WideView forums and found apossible answer although it does not cover my problem completlyThe keys CTRL+SHFT and CTRL+BKSPC are working for the viewpointwhich is nice in combination with + & - and SHFT+Enter & SHFT&BKSPCThis makes a bit more attractive anyway.Post Reply - Peter de Bruin

Try adding this to your default Baron panel.cfg:[Views]VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=0.0 0.0 22.5VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=0.0 0.0 -22.5This will give you a 22.5 degree view to the front/right and front/left. To match the horizon lines you will need to also adjust the first two numbers.The numbers relate to: Height(negative = up) Rotation(negative = CW) Direction(positive = right)You will need to make sure to make these cfg changes on the respective clients, not on the server and select the same aircraft on all.I found this: VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=13 2 -45to be close, but it still needs work when banking

With all the information getting together I believe to havemade a failure in thinking about how to build the multiplemonitor environment all together. I started with the Cockit View and wnted the extend this further but got the side views in Virtual Cockpit as there is nithing else. But let me first of all thank the repliers for your inputs as they have been very much helpfullin the build of understanding that this was the wrong way. Meanwhile I have been experimenting and came to the conclusion that with multiple screens one should switch to Virtual Cockpit all together ! So, I left the idea of having the Cockpit View in the centre trying to allign the side Views. It comes with many suprises when flying... Firstly, the whole panorama lookes muchmore natural - and looks more like the real stuff but also from aVFR pilots point of view the instrument panel is not the mainpurpose anymore. So, I am confinced and do the flying now in VC or 3D mode in general and it looks great. For Checks and IFR conditions I will momentarelly switch back but for now as I use Cesna and Beechcraft only 95 percent is VC with a separate screenfor the radio's ea. I have extended the panel views with :[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR = -7 2 50VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR = 6 1 -50