Sign in to follow this  
fspaan

Adjusting rudder pedal sensitivity has no effect

AllI have the ch products pro pedals and have found out the their programming interface does not work. When my pedals travel 1 inch I get 30 degrees of rudder. I have been able to adjust dead zone etc within FSUIPC but I really need to cut the sensitivity way down!! Anyone know of any utilities that will allow this to work as the sensitivity offered in the sim has no effect and I am all over the taxiways and am afraid I will have my license jerked.Any help will be appreciated.RegardsBobG

Bob,If you look in FSUIPC at the rudderaxis:The axis is only properly calibrated if:- At full left rudder, the OUTPUT value is +16383- At full right rudder, the OUTPUT value is -16383- At rudder center, the OUTPUT value is 0.- Moving the rudder from full left to full right should give a lineair increment (or decrement) of the OUTPUT value.Note: the + and - may be reversed.What also helps: make the center dead zone as small as possible.If not, there could be something wrong with your pedals.What you can also try (and that will always work): Reduce FS2K2 sensitivity for the axis..An important note: by default, in FS2k2, Senstitivity for axis that have a center value (like rudder) means the reaction time of the control surface to the external axis, and does NOT limit the range.You can see that if you look at the Rudder axis in FSUIPC: if you turn down the Sensitivity, the Rudder reacts very sluggish when you move the pedals.If you want these "centered" axis to behave like the other axis (and like they were in FS2000) so that Sensitivity limits the Range instead of reaction time:***** In FS2002.cfg, add the line stick_sensitivity_mode=0 in the (controls) section *****.Now, the Sensitivity slider limits the range of the axis, making the axis less sensitive.Cheers, Rob

RobYou da man! Your an absolute genius. Adding the line to the cfg works absolutely beautiful. All control services are working great. A little sluggish but much better and the rudder is working fantastic. I can actual steer the a/c on the ground. Rob, thanks again for taking the time to chime in on this. I have been battling this forever. I had posts in the past on different forums but I guess you werent around.Thank you!BobG

Hi Bob,Glad that worked ..It's usually the same problem :-)."A little sluggish but much better and ......."That's your imagination fooling you :-)With stick_sensitivity_mode=0 you have exactly the same (fastest) response as you would have with stick_sensitivity_mode=1 (the default when not specified) and Sensitivity set to max.I still wonder why MS changed the default.Just for my curiosity: how did your rudder behave in terms of FSUIPC OUTPUT values before you added the stick_sensitivity_mode=0 ?(did it reach +/- 16383 at full left/right rudder, was it lineair, and what was the OUTPUT value with rudder centered)Rob

Hey Rob(did it reach +/- 16383 at full left/right rudder, was it lineair, and what was the OUTPUT value with rudder centered) Yes it did. All worked well it was just tooooo sensitive. I have been cruising around the taxiways and this is great. I used the Saitek stick and throttle (x36) for years. Now I have the yoke and pedals.Quite a bit different and tough to get used to. Again Rob thanks for your timeRegardsBobG

Hi There,Could you make a summary of what your pedal (and maybe yoke) settings are in:- FSUIPC.cfg- FS2002.cfgThis might help others for reference!Mine FSUIPC FlapsSetControl=0LeftBrake=-5865,5865RightBrake=-4899,5865Rudder=-16380,0,0,16380 FS2002 LOCKED=1AXIS_EVENT_00=AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SETAXIS_SCALE_00=-69AXIS_NULL_00=86AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SETAXIS_SCALE_01=-69AXIS_NULL_01=86AXIS_EVENT_02=AXIS_RUDDER_SETAXIS_SCALE_02=127AXIS_NULL_02=1Regards, Ferry