Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

AFCS III

Hello,I have a CH yoke but I'm interested in buy a better yoke, maybe PFC. I saw the AFCS review here in AVSIM but I couldn't find any Throttle's photo. Anyone knows a link to get AFCS extra info / pics ?Do you have it ? Is it really good ?Thanks,Ulisses

Hi...Thanks for the pic...Do you own it ? How is it ??? Thanks,Ulisses

Guest gasebah

Ulisses,I went from a CH to an AETI (same as AFCS as far as I know) a few month ago. No offense to all the user who cannot or do not want to pay the big bucks, but the CH Yoke is crap compared to the AETI. Other than looking like a Yoke the CH does not come anywhere near the real thing or to the solid and fine feel the AETI has. I was always disappointed by the CH because the resistance was never smooth and evenly. You put in some force to move it, and suddenly it jumped for an inch and than stopped and then you out in some force again..... The AETI goes ever so smooth.Actually it is hard for me to understand why people spend hundreds of dollars for scenery and planes and complain about realism here and there, and at the same time deny the most important input device for the whole sim. If you can afford it, buy it, you will get exactly what you pay for.Alex

>I went from a CH to an AETI (same as AFCS as far as I know) >a few month ago.AFCS is the name of the yoke, AETI is the company (also known as Vmax).I bought my AFCS 2 about a year and a half ago and absolutely love it. One of, if not the, best thing's I've bought for FS.Matt

Hi guys...When ready to buy the AFCS, did you consider PFC yokes ? Any reason to choose AFCS ?How about the throttle, is it good ?Thanks again,Ulisses

Another thing...AETI or Vmax has a web site ?Thanks,Ulisses

Hi All:Just my two cents. I had a chance to fly with that yoke at the AVSIM convention in Reno last September, and let me just say I absolutely loved it. The difference in feel from the CH yoke, which I use now, is like night and day. I agree with Matt and Alex' comments above: we spend so much money on complex scenery and aircraft that may or may not inhance our enjoyment of the sim, and yet we skimp on probably THE most important piece of hardware contributing to a realistic feel. That yoke is #1 on my FS 2K2 wish-list of near-future purchases.I do have the PFC throttle quadrant and it is just superb. To manually adjust power to the heavies with individual, heavy levers for each engine is just incredible. It's actually easier to adjust power by hand now than with the autothrottles! The level of control is just astounding. You can tweak each engine more or less to help you when asymmetric thrust is needed, like at cruise altitudewhere there are strong winds aloft. I also use the Go-Flight radiostack hardware, which as you may know, allows you to adjust your autopilot and Nav-Com radios with real knobs, switches and LED readouts so you're not limited by the need to open extra windows or use the mouse or keeyboard while flying.If you spend more time IFR than looking out the window at scenery, you will not be disappointed in the tremendously enjoyable and realistic flying experience you will experience with good quality flight controls and avionics. For me the most enjoyable flight sim experience is one which de-empahsizes the presence of the computer and actually makes me feel like I'm there in the cockpit: a combination of one's imagination and some nice equipment. Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hi Alex...Do you have the PFC jet throttle quadrant ? 2 engines ??? It's hard to choose 2, 3 or 4 engines :)Did you played with the PFC Yoke as well ???The AFCS comes with a throttle module, but it's single engine, I think.Thanks,Ulisses

Guest gasebah

Speaking of throttles, I bought this one recently: www.flightlink.comThe version on their website is for EPIC only. But for a few extra bucks you will get a USB adaptor box from them that makes it fully compatible with FS2002. It also has a unique reverse thrust mechanic. You pull the throttle back until detent. Then you have to pull them out to unlock the reverse thrust. Now you can pull them back another 2 inches for reverse thust. I would have bought the PFC maybe but had no idea how to intgrate the PFC in my cockpit. I think that this is also pricewise an interesting alternative to the PFC stuff. I did not have the opportunity to try PFC so I cannot really compare the two. A

I think it costs about US$ 500,00, right ?I saw PFC throttles for about 300, but with case 600 :(I was looking at this kit, looks good, but it's a kit:http://www.airplanestuff.com/products.htmland here it's a nice throttle, but very expensive:http://www.simw.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=d...details&pid=823oh my bank account...Ulisses

Guest gasebah

Ulsses,it is 480US$ with the little USB Box.PFCForthe PFC the "box2 I think is essential as it contains the electronics.AirplanestuffConcerning your first link: I heard nothing good about it. The kits seem to be shipped with missing parts and a lot of guys felt not capable of doing the necessary assembly.SimwareThe 2nd one I had the pleasure to see at a show. It is great, but not very flexible. I am a GA fan and that is for the heavies only. Hmm, I am not exactly short on financial resources but there is a border even I wouldn't cross. 2500 US$ geeez. You can get the fastest HomePC in the world for that money. And than : connected to the printer port...I don't know how versatile that is. Maybe I am wrong here but I would not want to wait for new drivers until 2006 when FS2004 is out.Alex

Thanks Alex...I'm looking for Jet Style twin engine throttle quadrant, I liked your quadrant, great quality, but I'm not interested in Prop and Mixture controls...I'll keep looking :)Thanks for all the info !Ulisses