Sign in to follow this  

CH Products USB Pedals Question

Guest byoung

Hello,I have the (USB) CH Products Yoke and Pedals. I am just using the drivers not one created the virtual device that the CH Products Device Manager.The Yoke Driver seems to work fine. But with the Pedals won't save the sensitivities. See attached Control Dialogs: The last image is when I return to that dialog and it reverted back to Simple...Any Ideas?Barry

Guest byoung

No reply so bumping back to the top..

Guest byoung

That is my point...I do that and hit OK and it WON'T save those settings... It reverts back to Simple when I go back to the panel...Barry

Guest byoung

If I go out and come back to that dialog, it is able to set the Yoke to advanced but not the pedals...I set them, and when I return it looks like the last image in my original post... My sensitivities are totally wacked or set to the simple which I don't want..Thanks!Barry

Guest Reddog

Yep thats how it works for me but if you then click on the advanced tab it should show the settings as you put them. Any howwhen in the sim my pedals aren't near as senitive as they were before so I asume that the settings work.One way you might check it out is to set all your sensitives to default, fire up the sim go to the top down view and then go into slew mode (Y key)using the pedals turn it left and right. get out of the sim do your sensitivity thing and go back in to sim and do the same thing, the rotation shuld be slowed down. I have all my senitivities set real low and in slew mode the a/c hardly moves, in any of the directions.http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/905260.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://community.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

Guest byoung

I can tell it is not saving it...Because there is no difference in the responsivnes... It careens like crazy!When you go back into the sensitivity dialog and select CH USB Pro Pedals, does it display that the setting advanced is selected and are all you settings you saved?My settings are there as far as the axis Brake and rudder, but it de-selects the advanced radio button and reverts it back to simple when I select CH USB Pro Pedals..In other words, does your CH USB Pro Pedals stay set on advanced?That is the problem...Barry

Maybe your fs2002 cofiguration file is write protected? If so then FS2002 cannot rewrite the new settings when you close FS.I DON'T have your problem because I DO use CH control manager: porque eso, no problemo. :) There is no need to actually reprogram the yoke or pedals in CH CM, a blank map of the yoke and pedals mapped together with all default settings works fine. One must one time only calibrate both yoke and pedals in CH CM. And then one time only use the boxes in CH CM to set the sensitivity, gain, and null zone, and one time only save the file xxx.map. If the CH file CMStart.exe is then dropped into C:WindowsStart MenuProgramsStartUp (FS98SE) then everytime you reboot the computer those same sensitivities, gains, and nulls all come back at full automatic. :)EDIT: See thread "Adjusting rudder pedal sensitivity has no effect" for a nifty solution by rcbarend using FSUIPC.dll.== WHK ==

Guest byoung

FS2002.CFG is not write protected...Barry

Guest byoung

OK I want to set up the CH CM, but it is now asking me for all of the drivers: And XP is not finding themI guess I need to start from scratch??See attached image:Barry

Guest byoung

Well I reinstalled the OS and Flight Simulator 2002. I still can't get the CH Drivers to operate properly. Same Problem...If I use the CM, it creates two virtual devices.One has Aileron, Elevator, THROTTLE, Rudder, BUT NO BRAKES?????The other has Aileron, Elevator, THROTTLE which makes NO SENSE!HAS ANYBODY BEEN ABLE TO GET THESE Drivers whether CH Native or Virtual USB Drivers to work?AND HOW (See image of devices CM sets up??????????)PLEASE HELP!!Barry

Guest byoung

Here is some of the configuration issues..CH Contol Manager Device 1 contain the following Axis Names: AileronElevatorThrottleRudder (NO BRAKES) CH Contol Manager Device 2 AileronElevatorThrottle From my previous post, Why does it set up CH Contol Manager Aux 1 Device and CH Contol Manager Aux 2 Device? Any Ideas? Barry