Sign in to follow this  

Download Problems Using Getright

Guest Heather 636

G'day all!I utilize, in almost all cases, Getright software to manage my downloads.I have been downloading a lot of material from AVSIM library files but today, and this has happened before in the past, I am getting no link.Each attempt to connect results in a window popping up as such;:Message from FTP Server#########.zip: No such file or directoryDoes AVSIM perhaps change the location of the files periodically so that, after a few days, where GetRight is looking for them, they are no longer found?By the way, THANK YOU!! What you do here does not go unappreciated! I browse the "What's New" section every day.Regards,Heather

The links are dynamic it seems (looking at the links in GetRight). Frankly I don't see why, but I'm sure there is a reason. That's why GetRight can't find them after a while (hours ? days ?).__________________________________________________________EricUPDATED: List of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Eric. I was afraid it might be something like that.Well fiddle-dee-dee!!!Cheers!Heather

Guest Matt Johnson

Yes, the links are dynamic and will change after around 72 hours.--M

May I ask why ? Or if there's a way around it ? Not that it bothers me, it's just that I was toying with the idea of making myself a download list from your library dumps that you release every Sunday.__________________________________________________________EricUPDATED: List of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

Eric, the reason we do the dynamic links is to keep other sites from linking to them and stealing our bandwidth. We had serious problems with that for a long time, and finally implemented that scheme, among others, to keep AVSIM from paying for someone else's web site content.

Guest Matt Johnson

Eric, Heather,If you have a link of the form:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=xxxxx...where xxxxx is a number, those links are permanent and do not change. However, since this provides a redirection, some download accelerators do not understand this type of link. There's not much we can do about that, I'm afraid. If your accelerator is hooked into your web browser you should find that the above link *will* work. You can get these links from the "Download" buttons.If you have a link of the form:ftp://ftp.avsim.com/dynamic/{biglongrando...g}/filename.zip...then those are truly dynamic and are the ones that get reaped every few days.Regards,--M

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Tom and Matt.Now I understand why i need to stay on top of my downloads.I understand and wholeheartedly agree with your reasoning behind "protecting" your interests as you do. I still managed to get the ones I was after.Can't be said enough, "AVSIM is great!" I appreciate all you do.Sincerest regards,Heather

Hi all. I have also got a problem with GetRight. It gets as far as connected, requesting file - then nothing! I can d/l OK from any other site using GetRight and I can d/l from Avsim not using GetRight. I recently built a new PC and reinstalled GetRight (4.5d) and since then I have had the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorted! Have to turn ZoneAlarm off. I have tried various settings but with ZA on Getright just will not work. Also it will not allow me to send a message to the forum if ZA is activated.