Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Looking for good GPS/WX unit...

Guest abent

I've been looking at FlightMax, but before I purchase it I would like input from anyone using it or an equivalent piece of software. I'm gonna go and read the review now...just want some personal input.I was wondering about its ability to be resized to fit on a variety of panels ie how it displays if it's stretched skinny and tall, fat and short for lack of a better description.So, if you have any suggestions about either FLightMax or another program, I'd sure appreciate some advice.I got thinking about this after seeing Aleksey's Dash-8 WX radar.Thanks, Adam

Guest abent

Oh yeah, and if anyone has used it with DF734, I'd like to know about its compatibility.Thanks again, Adam

I don't have the Flightmas WX unit but it has an excellent reputation for a WX unit but not a GPS. For a good GPS try RealityXP. It is an entire radio stack with GPS. Take a look at www.realityxp.com

Tom

Guest abent

tjrush, You have definitely cleared up a misconception for me. I assumed that the FlightMaxWX also contained a GPS. How foolish of me!I don't suppose there is an all-inclusive unit that you are aware of?Panel space is, as you know, usually at a premium.Thanks, Adam

Runs perfectly with PSS 747-400 default & FSMeteo. It'sresizable. Superb purchase!Peter Sydney Australia

Guest abent

Hi cat, The unit has a moving map, right? I thought a moving map was a GPS. DOH...I guess that would be a moving map GPS :( . I just went back and read the review again after tjrush enlightened me to the fact that it doesn't have a GPS. Can the moving map be used like a GPS? It says that it displays navaids and other info. So, how is it different from a GPS? Does it not show your route? Is that it? And if it really isn't a GPS, then your autopilot couldn't fly it either.See, I was planning on replacing the FSdefault GPS in a few add-on planes I have and was hoping to get a WX radar/GPS as a combined unit. This certainly doesn't rule out my buying it as it really looks like a professional product. I'm just getting ready to go full scale with RadarContactv.3, FSMeteo, FSskyWorld etc. And WX would certainly add a great deal.Thanks, Adam

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Tom,actually the correct web site is www.reality-xp.comHope this helps!