Sign in to follow this  
Guest eko

Lear 35 Panel

Guest eko

Updating Ray's FS98 Learjet panel for use with the FFG Lear 35's.Any suggestions? Still have a few more things to tweak, but any comments as to what is needed would be nice. :-)Sorry about the quality of the cap, had to really compress to keep it small.

Nice looking panel. Suggest moving the perspective so that the attitude indicator is directly in front, that is what's commonly called pilot's perspective. I understand that that would chop some of the stuff on the right. Suggest making a secondary panel that can replace what's missed on the right. Believe these are secondary instruments. Cheers,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest eko

Excellent suggestion, and one I always strive for in my panels... but unfortunately, that would entail a complete rewrite of the panel from scratch, and an all new bitmap. :-(This is a "quick" update of Ray's bitmap, so the slightly to the left perspective will have to stay.I'm just looking to have a fairly "decent" panel for the FFG 35's... as I've not really seen one that I completely like. The FFG Lear 35's are so nice, I just wanted to give them a panel that "captured the spirit", rather than be 100% accurate. :-)

Jorge,Very nice panel! This will certainly fill a huge need.btw...thanks for your past encouragement.Leon

Guest eko

Always my pleasure Leon, you know you can e-mail me whenever you want. :-)I've updated the panel some more and cleaned up some gauge bitmaps. (Programmed a few as well, just to get them the way I wanted... hehe.)

Guest Edam

Will the wind gauge from the Lear Iberia be included? I find that one pretty handy. I've tried adding it to some other aircraft, with sloppy results though.

Guest eko

Good suggestion. I'm pretty partial to wind gauges. It is such essential information when you're flying with real weather, I'm surprised it's overlooked as much as it is.Now, to find a spot for it... :-)

Guest eko

Edam, here's what I've come up with. :-)I've added an additional "page" to the radar display. There is an invisible toggle spot which will change the display from "Radar" to "Wind Status" now.Thanks for the suggestion, it's those kind of comments which helps make things better! (I wouldn't have thought of this had it not been for your post) :-)PSYou can see the other little changes I've made in this cap too. I've added text around some of the switches, and cleaned up the VSI bitmap so it doesn't have the screws... same with the DME.

I don't think you need two RMI's in the panel. Why don't you put a second VOR head in place of the right RMI.Something else that would be real nice is a DME with a hold function, that way you could tune the hsi and the second vor head to the ILS and have the DME hold the previous vor distance, the DME is read off a vor for a lot of ILS approached.

Guest eko

Well, the nice thing about the RMI on the right hand side, is that the VOR needle is toggable between VOR1 and 2. (You can see the switch next to the radios.) BUT, I do see your point, and it is a valid one. I will think about this. It is easy enough to do, as I have a VOR 2 gauge that looks just like the RMI there. :-)Could you please elaborate a bit more on the DME with a hold function? I'm not sure what kind of a gauge you are talking about. Are you talking about having VOR 1 AND VOR 2 tuned to the ILS frequency, and then the DME held to a third VOR frequency? If that is the case, it can't be done. You can only tune two navaids at once in FS2002, at least, I think so.

Thanks for your response. It's still the best panel I've seen for the 35. Looking forward to the finished product.Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Here are two examples of this, ILS/DME 21 at KFLG and the ILS 27R at KORD, the dme is off the vor and you need the pilot and copilot navs (1 & 2) set to the ILS.In the real airplane you have a hold function on the dme, it has 3 settings, 1, hold, and 2. You would set nav 1 to the vor and than set the dme to nav 1, than to hold, than change nav 1 to the ILS frequency and the dme will continue to read the vor distance.http://edj.net/Plates/SouthWest/FLG_idr21.GIFhttp://edj.net/Plates/EastCentral/ORD_ir27R.GIF

Guest Edam

Great stuff. I can't wait to fly with it. It will make those longer flights more interesting.

Guest eko

Well, I've never seen a DME gauge which can lock onto a frequency in FS. I'm pretty sure that this can't be done, because what you are asking for is, in effect, a third frequency to be tuned. 2 nav instruments to be tuned to the ILS, and a third VOR to be tuned to the DME independantly of the other two.Just had a look at the gauge and panel SDK, and there is no way to get a gauge to tune a third navaid. So there is no way for me to even try and program a hold function in a DME. (With my limited gauge creation skills, anyway.)At the very least, I understand what you were talking about now. :-)