Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

Flight1 DC-9 - Surprise Surprise

The feedback from Flight1's DC-9 is very positive. Surprised? "NOT"!Really, who among us is surprised? I have two words to describe Flight1. "FIRST CLASS".You can not go wrong with Jim and the group. They should give lessons to some of the other companies! Hay Jim, maybe if you have a few hours a week you and the flight1 staff could do some volunteer work at Wilco.Again "THANKS" to the group from Flight1!!!!! Another winner. Surprise, surprise.Bill

Thanks Bill,Just doin' my job. :) We have a few mistakes that we need to correct, but we appreciate your patience and your support. I can speak for no other vendors but customer support is of the highest priority to me personally.Sometimes it is not easy. But it is necessary. Now, if I could learn to juggle support, fixes, new development and all other tasks all at the same time I might get somewhere. Hey wait a minute! that is what I am doing. :DBest Regards,Jim Rhoads

Guest eko

Jim, I am so glad to hear a developer saying that in public. Customer support truly is going to make or break you sometimes. In this particular instance, the DC-9 product is superb, so complaints (major) are going to be minimized.I just got back from checking out the LAGO forums, and I am seeing many more satisfied customers of the TWOTTER package thanks to the latest update.Now, let's be perfectly honest... When the TWOTTER was first released, it was a nightmare. You could easily claim that there was a better product out there which could be had for free. LAGO turned out one heck of a big dud.However, and I said this right after the flurry of complaints began about the product, LAGO would take care of their customers. Mathjis has long understood the importance of customer support, and from all indications, he has demonstrated that he walks the walk with the TWOTTER package.I just learned that Mathjis has hired some additional outside help to fine tune the AIR file and performance of the TWOTTER, because the current developer just wasn't meeting the expectations. This, to me, is a clear sign that Mathjis cares about his customers first and foremost, egos be bruised or damned.So, if you get stuck with a bad product from somebody like LAGO, you can rest assured that Mathjis will do everything in his power to make it right. This is a VERY powerful incentive to do business with a company, and one that seems to be ill-forgotten by many others.It's when the going gets tough that you see the true colors. Mathjis has shown how business is done...recently, some other company that I won't mention (but has a really nice three engined plane they just released) showed us how it is not to be done.Keep up the fine work Jim! (If only I was interested in jets.) :-)

<>You dont have to be. I have a Meridian headed your way. ;) Regards,Jim Rhoads

The DC-9 is a terrific plane. There are a lot of terrifice aircraft out there. This is one to definetly ad to the hanger. Don't be too harsh on Lago. They tried to honestly put out a great aircraft. It sounds like the programer they had working on it is the one that gave it the problems. But Lago has made good on their promises and will continue to be a terrific provider of scenery and aircraft. I am enjoying the Twin Otter and other Lago products just like I am enjoying the Flight1 products, DreamFleet products, etc. Even CaptainSim sounds like they are trying to get their products off the ground (no pun intended). When you are talking about peoples money everything becomes more personal than if you were to give things away for free. Remember, nothing is free in this world, everything has a price.... Great job to the team of Flight1, love the DC-9 and apreciate all the hard work you have put into all your products....

Guest flightpro08

I would say ONE of the best ;-) Don't forget LAGO, RealAir, FSAvionics and some others. All very good companies with great produc ts.Like Eko I am not a DC-9 fan (probably spent way too many hours in a crummy economy seat on them), but I can't wait for the Meridian !! (Although I am perfectly happy flying the Cardinals all over the world ;-) ) :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm]Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][br][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75b.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog