Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Random Weather Generator

Hi all!I was wondering if any of you folks could recommend a good random weather generator for use in FS2K2?I prefer to stay away from one that uses real world metars to generate the weather since my 'net connection is pretty slow and shakey.Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Thanks - I'll give it a tryScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

jerrycwo4Likewise I'm looking for a wx generator for my non-net laptop. Does someone have the 'link' to this "Weather Maker" program? Thanks jerry

Guest JonP01

There is also Wetter 2002 which is the one I use. I quite like the program, and the weather parameters are nicely adjustable. You can create wx files in one of several ways (totally offline and using the program alone). The only drawback is that it is payware but I feel it is worth the money, especially considering the huge number of times I've used it. The weather is, imo, also better than the FS2002 real world downloads, as the wind layers and turbulence are more realistic.

Guest danowat

Hi Jerry,I also like to use Getweather along side of weathermaker, with getweather you can download and archive real weather to use on a non-net computer, were as weathermaker is a random generator.I think you can get getweather from www.bearsoft.deDan.

Thanks to all who responded to my original post! Lots of great info.Regards,ScottKJMS

Scott Cebula

jerrycwo4I'd like to try all of the. Where do I get, "Wetter 2002"? jerry

Guest JonP01

Jerry,You can get Wetter from here:http://home.t-online.de/home/KPrichatz/wetter.htmYou can download what is essentially the full package and demo in a single download. The demo has some restricted funcitionality but you would get the general idea of how it works and whether you feel it is suited to your requirements. If you decide to pay the money to register, you get a registration code that unlocks the full capability of the program. I should add that I've noted a bug with the program. If the random weather generator sets a particular area to be totally clear (ie no cloud anywhere), then the ATIS for any aerodrome within that area does not work.