Sign in to follow this  

ProjectAI releases new models that are more frame rate

Guest H_Kev55

Senior model designer John Rogers has just announced the release of new more frame rate friendly models for ProjectAI users.What this means is, your AI aircraft will be more detailed, more realistic, yet will give you better frame rates than the original ProjectAI models.As the Version 2 models are implemented, you can download them at the following link:http://www.pai.simairport.com/files/paintkits/NOTE: The B737-300 model will require new textures. You CANNOT use the originally released textures on this model.Mater Texture Artist Ben Alfoldi is currently hard at work to replace these textures. They will become available as soon as possible.Thanks for using ProjectAIKJ dcboard.cgi?az=view_attachment&file=3d866b9308147336.jpg

Awesome. How about a single zip that would recurse the mdlsinto the proper directories for all PAI planes that have beenchanged (except the 733 as noted above)? What a great find!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest ha5mvo

great, just which of these are the V2 files (those dated November?), did anyone put these to the test yet?thanks for the infoHA5

Guest ha5mvo

oops, silly post, I guess I didn't scroll down enough....:)yet the second part is still valid ;)HA5

Guest gasebah

That is great, thank you. Sounds like hours of file and cfg copying though. Maybe over the christmas days.Alex

Guest Edam

I only downloaded one set and noticed that the V2 files were not referenced in aircraft.cfg. I stopped there. As gasebah indicated, I don't have the time to play with the config files right now. If an autoinstaller is made available for those, with the V2 files, I will then try them.

You can give the new mdl files the old name and just copy them into the folder. If you want to save the old mdls, just make a slight change in their filename before you paste the new ones.

I'm sorry Mr. Jarvis, I must really be confused. I went to the paintkit section and I can't seem to find a single frame-rate friendly model there. Are you sure they are at paintkit section? They are called v2, right?I already downloaded all your other models and scraped them after just one look using the "AircraftContainerManager" utility. Thank the Good Lord for that wonderful utility. A real eye-opener, you know?Anyway, the v2 B733 is still about 5000 polygons, so I must be downloading the wrong files. I hope!

First of all, insulting Mr.Jarvis is not going to get you anywhere. Secondly, you're not going to find anything better than what people have already suggested to you. So it looks like you're SOL.

I certainly didn't say anything insulting to Mr. Jarvis. Where did I say that he sucked, or was an #####, or didn't know crap? I just thought that I must be missing something since the models didn't seem to be lower polygon count. I thought maybe I messed up and downloaded the wrong v2.Now saying SOL, that is an insult.Tisk, tisk!

>I certainly didn't say anything insulting to Mr. Jarvis. >Where did I say that he suckedRight here:"I already downloaded all your other models and scraped them after just one look"

Did Kevin build the models? As far as I can remember, I guy named "John" did most of the models for PAI.Hey, I could have not pulled my punch and listed all the reasons why? I didn't want to make public that info just in case people actually might be curious to know the "under the covers" "health" of the models.Now, "John" might be offended, and I'm sorry to feel the need, but I do. In some ways, I wish I never learned about modeling. If that was the case, at least I could go on thinking that my fps issues were something else.I would be a lot more ignorant, but sometimes ignorance is bliss, I suppose. I can't say that the models are "crap" as a fact. That is an opinion. The fact that I scraped the models, that is a fact. I stopped at saying why.I would love to see "PAI" come up with some great models. That would really be neat.For now, I will look elsewhere, and I will find what I am looking for.I'm glad you found what you are looking for at PAI.

Your observations on the pai mdls are certainly legitimate. However, in the future, a little less pompousness in your postings would probably help you elicit some more constructive discussion on these forums. Good luck in your search.

Guest Milio_B

"A real eye-opener, you know?"If this is what motivates your quest for the unfindable (that is a Hi quality AI model that doesn't affect the FPS) then I prefer to settle for what I have (which looks good to me BTW) and remain eyes wide shut.

I'm fairly sure that it's a waste of time to tell you to go and build your own if you don't like what I've modeled. That arguement has been used at least a thousand times.I also figure it's a bit arrogant of me to say that if you don't like them then don't use them.I've heard the arguments from the people who say that you can build a good enough looking aircraft with 1500 polygons. "It's just for AI so who really cares what it looks like?"Just like you can find fault with my models with 5000 polygons, I can look at one of the models by the low poly preachers such as David Rawlins and equally say that I would not be willing to trade polygon loss for the resulting appearance. In the end it's a matter of personal preference.I can't help but wonder what you're trying to gain with your inflammatory posts. You offer no constructive criticism and your posts seem simply to be aimed at attacking other people's work.You're certainly not taking a page out of the books on how to win friends and influence people. Your posts will not change the way I approach modeling AI aircraft.You can't please all of the people all of the time.I hope you find what you're looking for.