Sign in to follow this  

ProjectAI releases new models that are more frame rate

Seems to me Mike, that because you have this utility and some new knowledge that most don't posess, you think you have the right to act all high and mighty. It would be more to your benefit to share your new found wisdom and educate as opposed to "bash" the current aircraft most use, or maybe just acting arrogant is how you want to portray yourself. In any case this is how you are coming across in your posting and on this forum! Enjoy your search!Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

The new 737 models are really great!!! :-cool They look so much more realistic now.And I don't experience much of a frame rate hit. Thanks a lot Project AI; John especially. :-hah

Well I and I`m sure many others are more than happy! :-) .For me its `quality not quantity` As most of you know I like my ai to look the mutts nuts!...I also come from the school of 'If you can`t make it better yourself , be very careful what you say and how you say it!'...in fact your best bet ALWAYS encourage!RegardsEdp.s BIG UP John Rogers!..(means thankyou and nuff respect!)

Guest eko

I'm a bit confused... so somebody please just humor me. The only models that are updated are the 737's, right?All the other models are still the same as the old ones... right?Will all the models be updated eventually, or is this just an update of the 737 model because of the findings?

I plan on eventually reworking all the existing AI models. I picked the 737s first because I felt they needed the reworking the most.The 767s definitely need reworking as well (I don't like the wing.) and the 747s too (The low LOD models have WAAAYYYY too many polygons.) I've learned a lot since I first modeled them and I'd like to bring them up to the standard of my more recent work.

I have only used the autoinstallers.Are these upgraded models something that I can use.?If so How?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest H_Kev55

Mr. x1yyz2112,If you read my post clearly, it states "more frame rate friendly models for PAI users."This is not to say that these are, as someone adequately put it, 'the mutts nuts', but they are a significant improvement in the original PAI models. John will tell you this himself.Aircraft Container Manager is only as good as the person who is using it. Suffice to say, if you've never modeled a single aircraft, you may not realize how hard it is to get exactly what you want and keep the poly count low.Plus, if you're going to use ACM to test all your aircraft, you'll be surprised at the high poly counts of designs by even the most reknowed aircraft model designers.I realize that you didn't insult me in any way. I, for one, have much thicker skin than most when it comes to dealing with Flight Sim Rookies.KJdcboard.cgi?az=view_attachment&file=3d866b9308147336.jpg

Guest ha5mvo

ok, flames aside....back to the original question....Do these gain FR's?I'm quite happy with the current appearence of my AI's, obviously I will not object any improvement of that but I'm afraid it might cost me in terms of prformance. in such case I'll retain the current version. Also will the repaints work with the new .mdl files?thanksMik

wow... i didt know that for hard work u get bashed in the forums :(anyway..wanna say thanks, as im a real fan of quality...if i even got 5fps, but it looks like a REAL airport....then its for me. and now we got better models with lower fps-hit....waddawantmore??????thanks to PAI!!! great job, n i hope they dont stop makin improvements just cuz some nuts in forums are WAAAAYYYY to intelligent for us human beings :)