Sign in to follow this  
dnunes

ILS at Genoa

Guest Stamatis

Alex,"I tried playing with the coordinates of the DME in AFCAD too,"Any changes via AFCAD will not affect the scenery at all.AFD files do not interfere with scenery (*.bgl) files.Stamatis

Dear Alex,Stamatis is right. With AFCAD you will not change the Navaids co-ordinates. You will use AFCAD to locate your navaids and get the co-ordinates. Then, with EasyNavs you can correct or install new navaids. This is done (in the case of SW Europe) editting the file eurswils.Regards,

Thanks for the tutorial guys, I need it. So Domingos, I'm assuming you've done all this already without success at Genoa?Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Why would you want to "correct" the ILS in LFMN? This is how it is set in real life, learn to fly it the right way :-) The displacement is generally there for terrain avoidance or noise abatement procedures.---All the BestKaty Pluta

Guest Stamatis

Hi Katy!We are referring to an erroneous placement of the GS not the LOC.In LFMN the GS for one of the runways is wrongly positioned and needs correcting, because it guides you to the TDZ of the far end of the runway used."The displacement is generally there for terrain avoidance or noise abatement procedures."When that is the case, a steeper glide angle is usually adopted.But if you check the charts for both 04L and 04R they both use 3 degrees GS, and they both guide you to the correct TDZ.Best RegardsStamatis

Guest Stamatis

"I think we are now mixing up LFMN (Nice C

Dear Alex and Stamatis,I have been able to get a file that is corrected, although I do not fully understand why it took me so much time to arrive at it. I think I had in the course of my trials some problems due to renamed files.Even now a mystery persists: to obtain the correct DME and GS location I had to define their co-ordinates separately. It should be noted that EasyNavs has a facility "DME at GS" that (should) avoid to input two times the same set of co-ordinates. When I do this I get a wrong location.Anyhow the file is now producing a correct result, as you can see from the attached screen shot. I will be glad to either give you the procedure to follow in case you have EasyNavs. Otherwise I can send the eurswils.bgl file, which also has the Nice correction.Best Regards,

Guest Stamatis

Great news!"Otherwise I can send the eurswils.bgl file, which also has the Nice correction."I would love to have this file please. Genoa is a nice destination airpot :-)Stamatis

Domingos:Great job! I tried to get into EASYNAVS but was not sure what to do with all of the code I saw when I opened the eurswils.bgl file. So if you could please send me the corrected file and a little tutorial, I'd be very grateful. I'd like to learn how to make the neccessary repairs as I'm sure this situation will arise again in the future.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Dear Alex and Stamatis,As I cannot attach a file of the bgl type, I am sending the corrected bgl file, for both Nice and Genoa, to your email address.Alex, as you asked for a brief tutorial, I will try to provide one.First of all you should obtain the correct co-ordinates from AFCAD. With this programme you can also create new navaids for airports that do not have them (as I have mentioned before I created an ILSDME for a small airstrip near Lisbon, but I erased it from the file I am now sending).I think you are used to AFCAD, so there should be no problem with this.In the EasyNavs diretory you will find four utilities, one for each of the Navaids: ILS, VOR, NDB and Markers. In this case you will start the EN2KILS utility.Then on the menu ILS Tools, you will choose Extract ILS Navaids. This prompts you to the FS2002 directory and, in the case of Genoa, you will select Scenedb>Easthem>eursw>scenery>eurswils.bgl.Then, in Easynavs you will select Make database. This will create the eurswils.ils file in the Easynavs directory. This is the file you will be editting.I think the form that is presented to you is self explanatory. In the case of Genoa, to edit the ILS, you will look for the GSE facility. Then you edit it, as required. In the end you choose Save to save the editted file.After quitting this editting form you will choose, in the main menu, Make BGL file. This uses the *.ils file to create the *.bgl file.You will then copy this file to replace the original *.bgl file in the FS2K2 directory. A backup of the original file is of course recommended. If you intend to keep it in the original directory I would advise you to change the extension (e.g. bgl to bglold) and not the file name, as this seems to have been in the origin of the problems I had to obtain a corrected file.Please contact me again if you need further assistance.Best Regards,