Sign in to follow this  
dnunes

ILS at Genoa

Domingos:Great job! I tried to get into EASYNAVS but was not sure what to do with all of the code I saw when I opened the eurswils.bgl file. So if you could please send me the corrected file and a little tutorial, I'd be very grateful. I'd like to learn how to make the neccessary repairs as I'm sure this situation will arise again in the future.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dear Alex and Stamatis,As I cannot attach a file of the bgl type, I am sending the corrected bgl file, for both Nice and Genoa, to your email address.Alex, as you asked for a brief tutorial, I will try to provide one.First of all you should obtain the correct co-ordinates from AFCAD. With this programme you can also create new navaids for airports that do not have them (as I have mentioned before I created an ILSDME for a small airstrip near Lisbon, but I erased it from the file I am now sending).I think you are used to AFCAD, so there should be no problem with this.In the EasyNavs diretory you will find four utilities, one for each of the Navaids: ILS, VOR, NDB and Markers. In this case you will start the EN2KILS utility.Then on the menu ILS Tools, you will choose Extract ILS Navaids. This prompts you to the FS2002 directory and, in the case of Genoa, you will select Scenedb>Easthem>eursw>scenery>eurswils.bgl.Then, in Easynavs you will select Make database. This will create the eurswils.ils file in the Easynavs directory. This is the file you will be editting.I think the form that is presented to you is self explanatory. In the case of Genoa, to edit the ILS, you will look for the GSE facility. Then you edit it, as required. In the end you choose Save to save the editted file.After quitting this editting form you will choose, in the main menu, Make BGL file. This uses the *.ils file to create the *.bgl file.You will then copy this file to replace the original *.bgl file in the FS2K2 directory. A backup of the original file is of course recommended. If you intend to keep it in the original directory I would advise you to change the extension (e.g. bgl to bglold) and not the file name, as this seems to have been in the origin of the problems I had to obtain a corrected file.Please contact me again if you need further assistance.Best Regards,