Sign in to follow this  
Guest ssurjap

Runway Assignments

If I am flying to an airport using the GPS window and the controller tells me to land, let's say on runway 4 and the airport has 3 runways, how can I tell which one is runway 4? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Guest ssurjap

You can also get the airport diagram available for free (unless it's international) either on the Jeppesen website or the AOPA website.Also, if you use the FS2K2's GPS, you can get a line drawing of the airport and its runways.

>The numbers represent the heading of the runway. In your >example runway 4 would be the one that runs in the 40 degree >direction. >>http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...941191779df.jpg Yes, because runway 4 is really runway 04. In the UK most runways run approx East-West because the prevailing winds are roughly from the West or SouthWest, so you mostly find yourself landing on runway 22,23,24,26 or 27.I think one of the harder aspects of flying is arriving at your destination - finding the airport is often difficult for a start, then visualising how to enter the pattern is quite tricky. The way I do it in FS is to set the heading bug to the direction of the runway, then fly overhead the airport 1000' above circuit height and gently turn and descend on to the downwind leg of the circuit.