Sign in to follow this  
McDaniel

Nominations for next freeware airport?

Guest Lobaeux4

I figured with the release of Shez's fantastic KDCA airport, in the forum section there's a few posts on nominations for his next airport. I thought I'd start the nominations here, not just for Shez but for any freeware airport designer out there.Here's my list of what I'd like to see.1. Charlotte KCLT U.S. Air hub2. Miami KMIA American Airlines hub3. Nashville KBNA4. New Orleans KMSY5. Anchorage PANC FEDEX cargo hub, would be great to see6. Edmonton CYEG7. Vancouver CYVR8. Albuquerque KABQ9. Birmingham, AL10. Pittsburgh KPITI know these lists come out every once and awhile, just thought I'd start a new thread to inspire those incredibly creative freeware airport designers out there.Lobaeux

Guest kdfw

Hi,Don't forget RJAA (Narita). Excellent.Pat

Guest Lobaeux4

I think there already is a Narita out there much. Forgot to mention how much I'd also like to see San Diego KSAN also.Lobaeux

Ok I'll throw in a couple of votes:1> KBOS Logan Intl - definetly needed in FS2002, my hometown airport2> KBWI Balimore/Washington Intl - been there many times3> KTPA Tampa Intl - great airport, especially from the US Airways lounge which has a great view4> KRSW Southwest Florida Intl - another great FL airport5> KCLT Charlotte/Douglas Intl - hub of my favorite airline, US Airways5> KMDW Chicago/Midway - nice to fly to Chicago and not go to O'Hare6> KMHT Manchester Intl - another nice alternative to Logan7> KPIT Pittsburgh Intl - US Airways hub8> KSAN Lindbergh Field - I love San Diego9> PANC Ancorage Intl - never been, but looks cool10>PHOG Kahulaei Intl- something like thatPaul Felz

I vote for KSEA. :)The default one is OK, as default airports go, but it is lacking.

I guess I'll be the odd duck voting for KPDX! I'll gladly do the RAFCAD to match!

Speaking as a proud (but not rude!) New Yorker, I implore someone or some group of people to take on the very large task of New York's John F. Kennedy International. The default airport included in FS2002 is, well to be frank, crap... Airport 2002 Vol I is MUCH better than the default, but let's face it. It was designed for FS98... Now, I know JFK has lost some its glory... especially during the two decades following deregulation... but it's still a great airport. I believe I speak on be half of many flight-simmers when I say that JFK deserves a good model in Fs2002...Shez, if you're reading this... I believe this would certainly pave the way to a great Northeast trilogy of airports for FS2002 *Hint, hint*. Of course, we all know that JFK is a very complex, non-uniform, large airport. Still, seeing Active Sky, the Dash 8, and numerous other amazing FREEWARE projects, I think it is do-able.ps Thanks to Shez, and all the other freeware scenery designers for brining so many destinations to life in FS2002!Sincerely,Phil Geddes

Guest sssummer

Wow, another great airport! Microsoft, hire this man. How about KONT Ontario CA and So Cal UPS hub. They have new terminals.Thanks so much.

My vote goes to San Diego (KSAN). It's something like the 6th largest city in the United States, and is the busiest single runway airport in the US. It seems every other airport in California is covered except for San Diego. I hope you can change this... hehe :)

Some of these have been done:>3> KTPA Tampa Intl - great airport, especially from the US >Airways lounge which has a great view I did this one a while ago, but Chris Gilbert's version is EXCELLENT!!! And it includes the new airside E that's just opened.>4> KRSW Southwest Florida Intl - another great FL airport Once again, Chris Gilbert has done a wonderful job on this one.>5> KMDW Chicago/Midway - nice to fly to Chicago and not go >to O'Hare I did this one myself, and will be updating it over the Christmas holidays.>10>PHOG Kahulaei Intl- something like that Bill Melichar did a great renditionof this one as well. All these can be found here at AVSIM, or other fine FS sites.Rob DieboldScenery guy...:-beerchug

Guest captbulldog

How about Kansai Intl? Now that's a "unique" airport :)

Shez did an awesome job on DCA! I can even see the park where you can watch the planes fly over your head on short final for rwy 19 in real life. I can even see the bike trail that runs along the park and down the GW Parkway!Amazing stuff! Now as suggested above, JFK sure could use a good plastic surgeon. ;-)