Sign in to follow this  

FSWide

Would someone be willing to post a short how-to guide on using FSWide. I have 2 systems (almost equal specs) and would love to use FS wide. I can get the client to connect to the host but then what? I fly using the PSS A320, ServInfo, Bridge AI, and of course, SB.Any help would be usefullThanks and remember a take off is optional, landing is required .:-eek Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Kevin,Download WideFS from Project Magenta's site. Click on "Downloads" and choose "other tools" under the FSUIPC section. The address for PM is:http://www.projectmagenta.com/Make sure you download and install the latest version of FSUIPC why your there also. And remember, anytime you update FSUIPC with a newer version, you should also update WideFS with the latest version as well.Ok, assuming you downloaded FSUIPC and placed it in the FS2002/modules folder, follow these steps:1. Make sure you have given your server PC a "network name".2. Make sure you have given your client PC a "network name".3. Unzip the contents of WideFS. I like to have the directory right off of my C root directory on the client PC. (C:widefs)4. From the client PC, move Wideserver.dll and wideserver.ini over to the server and place them in the FS2002/modules folder.5. From the desktop of the client, right click and choose "new shortcut". Browse to C:widefs and select "wideclient.exe". This will place a WideFS executable shortcut on your desktop.6. Start flightsim on the server.7. Start WideFS on the client by double clicking the executable we made in step 5. You can minimize wideclient as you need to do nothing further with it.8. Start whatever fs addon that uses WideFS on the client and you should be off and running.Hope this helps,Michael