Sign in to follow this  
michal

Flight One Meridian... it is really coming along

There are some new screen shots, plus you may want to review the old ones to. I find myself getting more and more interested in this as time goes by. I wish they would give some indication of when it may be ready.check it out:http://www.simforums.com/forums/display_fo...s.asp?ForumID=9Also, while on the subject of possible released, I really respect what PSS indicated with the new DASH8, they at least provided something! It is nice when developers state some time frame. About a year and half ago I asked JD about RC ver3 and he stated "its a next year thingy", that was great, no problem. I think it is good to provide anything, a year, quarter, month, does not seem like it would be that hard to do.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

>I find myself getting more and more >interested in this as time goes by.Mike, you have a knack (like me ;-) ) for sensing when something Big is on the horizon ... >I wish they would give >some indication of when it may be ready.They only said Q4 2002 - so it means in next 3 weeks ?? Michael J.[link:jdtllc.com]http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

OH me too. Been waiting for this one. oooh baby!BobG

I dont think the advertisement mentions a VC. Anyone know ? I cant imagine it not having one. The avionics in those shots look real. Looks like they went all out.BobG

Hi BobOf course there is a VC.Yes, the avionics not only look real, they act exactly like thier real world counterparts. I dont usually crow like a rooster, but this one will shake the FS world. This I can say confidently.I am hoping we can still pull off Q4. If not, we wont miss it by much.With the holiday and such, it really is pushing us too close and we wont sacrifice quality for convienience of time. Save your money.You wont want to be without this one!Regards,Jim Rhoads

You know Jim I love your "matter of fact" sort of approach."Of course this is a VC". Gotta love it!!!! Shake it up !!!Man, if you can do better than you know who, I will say thank you260 times.RegardsBobG

You gotta know that all that quality comes a price in frames.Give me an excuse to buy a new system !!!!BobG

Hi Bob.No sir. Not this time.Jean Luc has optimized these avionics so that you will get a very marginal hit considering the complexity involved. You dont know how hard this is holding back what I really want to say, but you will see soon enough. :( Best,Jim Rhoads

>You know Jim I love your "matter of fact" sort of approach. >"Of course this is a VC". Gotta love it!!!! Shake it up !!! >Man, if you can do better than you know who, I will say >thank you >260 times. >>>Regards >BobG Hi Bob,I only can be who I am. :D Not sure who, you know who is, but 260 X thank you's is quite a few!One is more than enough! and yes, we can do better, just watch. The Meridian will be a benchmark that raises the bar even on our own heads.Best,Jim Rhoads

>"Of course this is a VC". Gotta love it!!!!When other cheer about the VC - I take the back seat.If there is any "shake-up" required it is in the VC technology. I can only hope some of that "Olympus quality" will find its way to the VC ..... (people who read Flight1 forum know what I am talking about) ;-)Michael J.

Guest ozhero

I have built a whole GA home cockpit just to fly this baby !Bring it on, yeah ! :-)

Guest sbdwag

One thing that is suspicious is Reality-XP has been advertising the gauges and the technology thats going to be used in the Meridian. On their web site in November they were advertising and had pictures of the Garmin 530 that they were creating for the Meridian. They stated that this unit would be available seperately as a stand alone gauge sometime after the release of the Meridian and that they would offer a discount for those that didnt purchase the Meridian but wanted the 530.All references to that news on the Reality-XP website is gone!Dennis