Sign in to follow this  
Guest groundpounder75

FS Christmas presents

Does anyone know of a simple way to let your significant other give you the FS gift that you really want this Christmas? My wife would love to give me a present that would send me squealing to my workshop to fly this holiday, but she doesn't know a turboprop from a tomato! I think she's been a little intimidated whenever visiting an FS add-on site because of the terminology -- and let's face it, some of those sites aren't the most user-friendly to the uninitiated. I was wondering if any payware reseller has considered some sort of gift certificate system so those who don't fly can give something fun to those of us who do. Anyone hear of anything like that?thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest Edam

The only problem with that is if she is uninitiated, she's not going to know what to get you. Give her a few selections to choose from.(With links, of course!)

Figure out what you want and provide here with a Direct Link to the item give her AS much detail about it so she will Not forget :)Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Go to the web page that contains the goodie. Hit print. Hang the document from the christmas tree next to the bulbs. She'll wonder what all that paper is and get the hint!

You also must consider that from a female perspective, buying you something that will for hours take you away from her hmmm.... At least that is how I get treated.. I have to save my lunch money.:-)RegardsBobG

Good idea but don't know how all the different sites would use a common gift certificate.I used a less subtle approach and e-mailed her my FS Christmas wish along with the site.

I just told my wife specifically what I wanted for this Christmas: a Force Feedback Pro and Combat Flight Sim 3. She was happy that I was specific. She thinks I'm a littly crazy though because about all I do these days is eat, sleep, work,(eat some more...need to get a bigger chair for my puter desk) and FLIGHTSIM! :-lolLarry Brown Visit American Virtual Airlines. www.flyava.org http://www.flyava.org/images/AAlogos/Banner2.jpg

Guest SlimDady

Best idea I can think of is get her a list of all the planes you would be happy to get..(urls included)let her pick from the list..

Guest groundpounder75

Send her to www.pcaviator.com like I did with my significant other. Give her some ideas as to what you want and you're sure to have a good Christmas. I hopefully will finally be flying the PS1 744 on Christmas day. Can't wait.