Sign in to follow this  

23.11 Driver installation has caused this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hiHere following is a screenshot of what has happened!!anyone know what is going on?I see this program in the MSConfig list should I disable it at start up?This occurs everytime I boot windows...

Guest jase439

>I see this program in the MSConfig list should I disable it >at start up? Yes. And you should condider fully uninstalling the driver. Installing the default VGA driver...and then installing something more current than 23.11.J

And stop messing around with betas (and certainly betas that were not released on the manufacturer website!) if you don't want to risk loosing your system.

Guest gasebah

I think the risks are overrated especially on this site. I installed almost any leaked beta driver for Nvidia cards for years especially when I had the 3DMark fever. I never "lost" my system. On some rare ocassions I had to delete some registry entries manually, but that was the worst that ever happened to me. It helps when you know how to install and uninstall a driver though, and a lot of people seem to not know how to do it properly.I have the feeling that in terms of betas there is something going on like "Marihuana will get you hooked and finally kill you :-)".No offense though.Shane: For WIN 98/ME there is a program called detonator deleter or something like that. It is available at www.guru3d.com. Get that one and follow exactly the instructions delivered with the package. Alex

I got this same error with the new 41.09 drivers and windows xp. I ran msconfig to find where the file that caused the error was, then used regedit to and delete the entry. I don't get the msg. anymore.

>And stop messing around with betas (and certainly betas that were >not released on the manufacturer website!) if you don't want to risk >loosing your system.LOLYou will not loose your system. Just uninstall current driver and install the CD ones again the install the one from Nvidia!I have done so, and yes, it has solved my problem. Install lastest 4in1 and has brought PC Performance up.Bye and LMAO still at that comment.

I got that message before..Just go to your system information screen...start/programs/accessories/systemtools/systeminformation...then click on the tools menu... go down to system configuration. Then to startup.ini.On the list, youll see "cpldaemon" or something like that.Uncheck the box and you should see the message disappear.Hope this works.John

On http://www.guru3d.com/ there is a utility called Detonator Destroyer. Follow its instructions to completely uninstall your detonator drivers. When done, just reinstall whichever version you want. The detonator drivers never fully uninstall properly on Win 9x or ME systems (which I assume you have given the file you downloaded on the desktop). Remnants of old drivers will cause these sorts of problems.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Well Bob, just did a format and reinstall so...got one for me ?-Shane

Hey, its no big deal, I get it sometimes when I am trying different drivers after 23.11 just run JV16 or X-Cleaner and erase it from the STARTUP progs.... BTW if you are running Win98 then 23.11 or 23.12 ARE THE BEST DRIVERS!I AM running Win98 and I always go back to these! :)Anyway, lots of other interesting advice - so take your pick!(Another interesting point - when you change drivers try deleting/renaming FS2002.cfg and then re-setting your sliders and screen resolution (it will revert to defaults!).... I dont know why but it seems to help reset the game and utilise your new drivers better than just changing drivers!.... This was a tip from Simon Evans and has worked well for me... Bless ya Simon wherever ye be!)

Hi Terry!Thanks for not being so negative as some of the other posters here at me :-)If you have MSN Messenger can you please add me so we can discuss a little bit about this?My address is extreme3d1@hotmail.comThanksShane