Sign in to follow this  

XPLANE and CH FLIGHTSIM YOKE and PEDALS USB

If You fly XPLANE with CH FLIGHTSIM YOKE USB, is there a way to connect the buttons/switches etc. on the FLIGHTSIM YOKE to XPLANE?Thank you for taking the time and interest to read this post.MERRY CHRISTMAS.Jim Alcorn

My USB Saitek X-45 joystick buttons work fine through the assignment menu for X-Plane................ if that helps.L.Adamson

My CH USB yoke and pedals work just fine with X-Plane. Buttons and all.Set the axis and assign the buttons in the Set Joystick Axis and Buttons menu under Settings.Oh, and you can't set up a flight controller in the demo model. Why are you asking an X-Plane question here? Sorry, I am just feeling anal retentive today. ;)Dave Spurlock

Thanks for replying,Would you mind giving me detailed instruction how toassign/connect the flightsim buttons/switches.I have not been able to figure it out.Thanks.Jim Alcorn

It's really rather simple.1. Go to the Set Joystick Axis and Buttons Menu.2. Move each your controller(s) on one axis. 3. Watch what green line moves.4. Scroll through the list of aircraft movements (Yaw, Pitch, Fuel Mixture etc) and and select the one you want to assign to that axis.5. You also have a choice of reversing the movement. You'll have to decide this on your own preferences. (Do you want the throttle to be going full with it away from your or towards you.)6. Then click through your buttons one at a time.7. Then click on what function within the game you want it to perform.8. Don't forget the hat switch!9. Click out fo the menu and try it out in the sim.10. Satisfied? You're done.Again you should ask questions about X-Plane in the X-Plane forum. I hope I am not encouraging misuse of the forums by answering you here. I worry about such things. ;)Dave Spurlock

Thank you Dave,I have everything working except the hat switch.For Some reason that I don't understand I can't get it to work.The reason I wrote my post here instead of XPLANE, is that there may be more mfsf/EXPLANE SIMMERS USING THE flightsim setup.Thank you for you help.Jim Alcorn