Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Ever have issues installing from CD1?

My buddy brought over his P4 system because of issues loading FS2002. I have it loaded on my machine, and had no problem with it at all. I tried to help so I had him leave this system here.So I start trying to install MSFS2002 on his P4 system here. It seems when installing (FULL) it gets anywhere from 15% to 40% of CD1 and the installation stops, and the computer hangs. This forces me to have to shut down or reset the machine to bring it back. The other night I did it 3-4 times and one of them damaged data on the HD and would not boot up again, something became corrupt. I repartitioned, reformatted, same thing. Stops on Cd1. That was a frustrating night, luckily it was just a game pc with nothing important stored on it other then some installs. ;-)I know the CD players (ones a DVD the other a burner) work because I have loaded several other programs on this machine with both drives at different times. Including AFTER I found this issue. CD1 seems OK as I tested it on my other P4 and on my AMD Tbird, it installs all the way through asking me for CD2.I found this on the MS site:Computer Appears to Stops Responding When You Run Setuphttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;308520Wasn't really helpful. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Guest WorkingStiff

I have encountered problems occasionally when installing FS2002 on my computer; my computer would sometimes freeze on Disk 2. My solution is to copy all three disks to your hard drive, run the install routine from there, then delete the copy when you're done.