Sign in to follow this  
jfri

The Instrument Rating Checkride in FS2K2

In the Instrumentrating Checkride I do fine until after I reach PARKKand turn to heading 160 towards Seattle VOR. I reach the VOR and get established on the 140 radial. After this I either is told that I failed or I don't hear anything more from my instructor. Has anyone passed this checkride and can tell me exactly what should I do after MA and PARKK and what is supposed to happen? I assume that I'msupposed to be told to turn left to heading 320 towards NOLLA but this never happens.

Are you making the turn toward SEA when you reach PARKK Middle Marker or are you going all the way to PARKK (over the NDB station). I tried turning as she said right at the MM and would fail. If you wait until over the NDB station she will give you direct SEA and make a teardrop entry

>Are you making the turn toward SEA when you reach PARKK >Middle Marker or are you going all the way to PARKK (over >the NDB station). I tried turning as she said right at the >MM and would fail. If you wait until over the NDB station >she will give you direct SEA and make a teardrop entry I made the turn at the outermarker (just before 5.8 miles from the VOR). It's at that position I'm told to make turn. After this I havenever received an

You cannot turn at the marker. You must fly all the way to the PARKK NDB and she will give you instructions. Follopw the missed approach instructions exactly as published on the chart. If I remember, 2000' until PARKK

>You cannot turn at the marker. You must fly all the way to >the PARKK NDB and she will give you instructions. Follopw >the missed approach instructions exactly as published on the >chart. If I remember, 2000' until PARKK I'm doing precisely that. When is the instructer supposed toreturn with new instructions? If I turn to 160 I won't be flyingdirectly towards the VOR. Should I try to intercept the 339 radialagain, so I will pass directly above the VOR?