Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

My Apologies

Guest Heather 636

Being new to this sort of thing, one could expect to make mistakes and I sure did!!Before uploading my repaint of the DC-3 "Heather's Air Charter," I had contacted Mr. Jan Visser for prior approvals, which I received.I made a serious mistake however, of misconstruing a statement and including the entire aircraft instead of just the texture files that I had repainted, thereby infringing upon the interests of others.I have greatly enjoyed the communities of AVSIM and DC-Airways and would NEVER knowingly hurt, infringe upon, or steal credit from anyone within these communities.I am very upset by what I have inadvertently done and hope that any who have been hurt or offended by my actions will find it in their heart to forgive me. I had only wished to give something back to the community from which I have received so much.I am VERY VERY sorry.Sincerely,Heather Sherman

Heather,I can't speak for the author in this case, but from my point of view, this is really no big deal. You made an honest mistake, and a minor one at that. There's a big difference between your case and the ones (like I've encountered) that copy the aircraft, delete the readme file and then claim the work as their own. Don't sweat it, and by all means don't let it discourage you from continuing to turn out the terrific work you do. :-)Mike Stone

Hear hear, Mike. Heather, with the R4D-6 crew you're dealing with gentlemen, and it's clear from your posts (particularly, your polite patience with some less pleasant contributors to this forum) that you're a lady.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Heather 636

Thank you for the kind words Mike and Mark.You have done a lot to make me feel better. You may have even saved my life for I was contemplating plunging my head into my coffee pot and drowning myself. Although with my luck I would have only succeeded in getting wired from all the caffiene and rushed out and done something else silly and irresponsible.I am going to put together another upload of the textures only, which I am assured I have permission to do.I wouldn't be surprised however if, after my first fiasco, AVSIM refuses to accept anything from me.I am not the kind of person to hurt others or take anything away from them. If anything, when I truly admire another's work and add to it, I do everything I can to expound upon their doings and promote it even farther.I really feel bad about this mistake and can't apologize enough.Okay, I'll shut up. Maybe I'll go buy a large quantity of chocolate and eat every bit in one sitting. Chocolate is ALWAYS good for the morale!;)Cheers!Heather

Guest Matt Johnson

>I wouldn't be surprised however if, after my first fiasco, >AVSIM refuses to accept anything from me. I'd say you couldn't be further from the truth. You've more than demonstrated that what happened the first time around was an honest accident, and we will be more than happy to post the textures-only repaint for the DC-3.>Okay, I'll shut up. Maybe I'll go buy a large quantity of >chocolate and eat every bit in one sitting. Chocolate is >ALWAYS good for the morale! {aside}For some reason, the first time I read that, it got parsed as:"Chocolate is ALWAYS good for file transfer!"Why I read it like that, I don't know! Is somebody sending me subliminal messages or something? :-lol Oh, and if you make it to AVSIM's Reno Conference, Heather, I will personally contribute to your chocolate fund! :-lol{/aside}Cheers,--M

Guest Heather 636

Hi Matt, and thank you.In fact, I owe a big thanks to everyone here at AVSIm for the support and encouragement they have shown me.I have put together another package that involves the repaint only. As per Mr.Rambow's suggestion, I took a good look at the "legaleze" of Mr.Jack Osbon's contribution of the BFU DC-3, which met with all proper approvals.I have edited his text to reflect my own work and proper kudos to those deserving parties.If Mr. Osbon is so kind to take a look at my "package" and give a thumbs up, then I shall be once again offering a "revised" upload of Heather's Air Charter" DC-3.I have been planning on joining another VA, of the name of Bush Flying Unlimited and even wanted to surprise the VA with a repaint but now I'm a little gun-shy. You can bet on it that I will most certainly get ALL proper approvals before even opening my graphics program this time.It would be purely fanciful as I doubt many survived the war, but I was contemplating a repaint in BFU livery of a Dornier DO 24-K sea-plane. I love flying that thing and the job they did on modeling is superb. My only problem is that so many people were involved in creating it, I'm not sure who I would ask for permission to repaint it!?So much for my surprise, but I sure don't wish to repeat my same errors twice.Oh, and I'd love to attent the conference but too many things to prevent it, even with the temptation of chocolate. Now, should you ever hold one in Branson, Missouri . . .Cheers!Heather

Guest Matt Johnson

Heather,Well, whether you should call BFU a "VA" is a fine question, indeed. I know those salty dogs could certainly do with a lady to keep them in check, though! :-lolCheers,--M

Yessss... more ladies in the BFU !! :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 We already have Pa... errrmm... Amelia and her room mate, and Murmy (is he a lady ???)... and plenty of cabins too !! :-)And some DC-3's in the BFU colors flying around for you !! ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest The Ancient Brit

Heather,The only sure way to avoid making mistakes is never make any contributions. What a dull site Avsim would be if up-loaders took that tack.As for being tempted by chocolate, the way to deal with such temptation is to yield to it. I love chocolate and yield frequently. Of course I have become circumferentially challenged as a result (not fat-gutted you note). I console myself with the thought that is how my women like me, cuddly.Denis. The Ancient Brit.