Sign in to follow this  

Nvidia GeForce3 Ti200 or Radion 8500

Guest ront1

Hi Guys, just a short question here. I want to upgrade my video card and I am trying to decide between these two cards. Don't laugh, I have an older system that I know will be a bottleneck at this point. Right now, I have a Voodoo5500 in my system, which is a CeleronII 550 oc'd to 850. I also have 256MB sdram. Which one of the cards would you all recommend. I mostly play sims, but also some First Person Shooters(Medal of Honor) Thanks for any help.Ron

Guest GiZBUG

Wait til early 2003.THe GForce 5 will hit the streets, and then I would buy a GF4 (but the high end model)

Guest ront1

Ideally that would be the thing to do, but I can not afford to upgrade the rest of my system for a while. It would be a serious bottleneck I am afraid. I would really like feedback about the two cards in the title please. Thanks, Ron

Hi RonI can't comment on the Radeon, but I have a GF3Ti200 128MB which I am very happy with. I can run in either 1600x1200x32 with no AA, or 1024x768x32 with 2xAA and aniso filtering. The image looks great. I have a more powerful processor (AMD 1400) but I also have a friend with the same card, running it in an overclocked P3 at about 1 Ghz - he gets very good results too. Try and get the 128MB version if you can. I think you'll be happy with the card.PS I also play MOH and it worked very well for that too.Cheers!

Guest Sabadin

I would suggest the 8500, I currently use an 8500LE and it looks better and runs faster than my old GF3Ti did. Or if you can spend that little extra $$ wait about a week for reviews of the 9500 series and look into one of them.

Guest kilo_sierra17

I got a GeForce 3 Ti 200, I run FS at 1280x1024 4X AA, looks great!, I am only running a PIII 500, great card, it was a great upgrade from VooDoo 3!!!, I would go with the GeForce 3, unless you got a beast machine to take advantage of the GF 4.

I have a Geforce ti-200, and it has not caused me any trouble. Performance seems fine on my machine - it's not a screamer but it is also no slouch. Performance has been consistent and I have never run into video card related problems.In the past, I tried several ATI cards (including the first version of the Radeon) and never had anything but trouble. I have been much happier with the Nvidia card and drivers. Take that for what it is worth.