Sign in to follow this  

AFCAD question for AI traffic

Hi all - quick question!If I install Cargo flightplans, what prevents the freighter a/c from coming to passenger gates?I haven't put any cargo's into my airports, for fear this will happen. Is there anything in AFCAD files which means cargo planes go to cargo ramps?ThanksRobhttp://www.btinternet.com/~rob.corp/images/sig.jpg

You can make whats called overlays. Say you want to make one for YBBN, you can assign a cargo area for cargo only planes, and name it BBN1. You then open your flightplans, find the specific cargo planes that go to YBBN and change YBBN to BBN1, that way they only go to that area set aside for them.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

That's one way, but I prefer to assign gates using the radius methods and assign runways based upon overlays. Even if you have a cargo overlay, you'll still need to keep UPS, FDX, DHL, etc grouped according to company and you can only do this via gates with the appropriate radius to match the aircraft/airline.