Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

How can I get rid of that message?

Guest cliff

After deleting several aircraft I find the following message whenever I load FS2002.-----------------------------------------------------------------Scenery file error! Local scenery directory (Scenerypilots_B314_waterairfieldsscenery) in scenery area 122 not found. Click to continue.----------------------------------------------------------How can I get rid of that message please?

You deleted scenery area 122. Edit area 122 out of your scenery.cfg file.

Guest cliff

Thanks for your prompt reply Jerry but I'm not there yet.1.The scenery file contains mostly BGL files but no cfg files.2. I found the FS2002.CFG folder in the main FS2002 list of files and clicked on it. That brought up a Notepad list that doesn't make mention of "area 122"3. I launched FS2002 and went into the Scenery Library where area 122 is Central Asia. I didn't touch it as I assume that's not what you meant. I remain amazed at these Forums. Here am I in the Spanish countryside being helped by a fellow enthusiast on the other side of the world. Different time zone, different weather and yet minutes away from each other. Over to you please.With my regards..........

Guest InBetween

Cliff,You are very close to the solution:Instead of "fs2002.cfg" you need to open "scenery.cfg" in the main FS2002 folder.....The scenery areas listed use a different numbering system; thus "area.122" may be a different one for each simmer :)Good luck!JR

CliffBe careful making changes to the SCENERY.CFG file unless you know what you are doing.Which aircraft did you remove? The file you mention seems to belong to the payware Clipper series ... did you remove that aircraft installation? Also, you appear to have a folder within your FS2002/SCENERY folder called "pilots_B314_waterairfieldsscenery" ... is this the case i.e., it's NOT called "Central Asia"?Answer that, and then we'll go from there.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest cliff

Mark you're spot on with your caution not to mess with the Scenery.CFG file as I certainly don't know enough to do that.You're also right that I removed the Boeing Clipper. I still have the disk and am wondering if the answer is to install it again then uninstall/delete once more?I've searched for the "Pilot-B314-waterairfieldsscenery but still can't find it.With my regards..............

Guest cliff

Mark I've installed the Boeing cliiper and then uninstalled it.Now that same message comes up and when I click "okay" it comes up a second time.....So it wasn't such a smart idea.Over to you.

Guest cliff

Bingo! I've solved it!I went onto the Pilots site and found the answer. I had to delete the file in the Scenery Library under the description Boeing airfields.Simple when you know how hmmm?Thanks everyone for trying to help!