Sign in to follow this  
pacosancas

Connie project started

Hi all, now with my ATR72-500 in alpha-testing phase, I decided to start working on my next project: a Lockheed Constellation. This cucumber-like shape will sooner or later become one of those shiny noisy aircrafts which I loved to watch for hours when i was a child.[img src: http://www.arrakis.es/~pacosan/cucumber.jpg]PacoStultorum numerus infinitus est.

Looking forward to it. What are your plans as far as virutal cockpit, etc? What livery or 's do you plan on creating for it...Just curious. Good luck on your endevor.

GREEEEAATT...cant wait for the baby :Dthe caravelle and (super-)connie .... fantastic stuff u designers doo :)thx

that's the best flight sim news I've heard in a long while. I just flew the existing Connie during the California flyinn this past weekend from SEA heading to KSFO, but had to divert at medford for an emergency landing, when my first mate reported to me that we would be late meeting friends for dinner, if I did not come back to the real world....:-)..btw, the vatsim controller out of seatac was great helping me down asap...sherm

Paco,Your Connie project is the best news I've heard in a long time!Love those old propliners!!!Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Hey Paco, it's your #1 fan here. LOL Great news about the Connie (and the ATR - I've been anxiously awaiting news on her)! Hope all is going well! Take it easy.George

Guest Guruswarmyoz

Mate, i'm sure this is gonna be a ripper of a model. I'd better point out to you that there is a GMAX Connie a L1049 being done at the Historic Jetliner's Group.See this address: http://www.simufly.com/cgi-local/YaBB/YaBB...;num=1037908245 (note, you need to copy the whole of the above url for it to work) Don't let this info stop you, i have put it here in case you were wanting to do that particular model and did not want to "double up" with another designer etc.If you do an earlier or later model then the 1049 - that would be marvellous!!!!!

I have been working on one for quite awhile as well..(see Link Below)But this really shouldn't be an issue... Just look how many different 747,737,777s there are out there..If you need any help with 3-views, or anything just mail me.Al

Guest Guruswarmyoz

Thats fair enough, just thought i'd say that as this Connie is at a very early stage and dare i say that the model to be built has not been set? But an alternative to the HJG's Connie would be also great particularly those who'd whish to repaint and share such repaints (in all due respect to HJG's repaint policy) to a wider audience.Even by this early stage this should look real good :).

Guest PeterK

PeterKiv got a few connies made with Af99 and repaints of Dave Mcqueensfs2002 version...One great airplane..The only real running one ivseen is the Mats Connie from Arizona up close which visited my local airport 2 years ago for a week...I have some pics of my af99 version Fs2002 repaints at Http://home.attbi.com/~fs-boneyardpete

Hi all, The one I initially wanted to make was an Iberia L-1049 w/o wingtip tanks, which is the one I remember seeing at LEVC when I was a child. So I started looking for information on it, and eventually came accross a model kit of a L-649 (PanAm), so this is the one I'm making, as I find no better reference than a scale model.I really do not mind if there are already projects running like mine, the idea is not to compete on who makes the best one; I like modelling airplanes, and I like to share what I do with others, that's all. I'm happy to meet and share ideas with other modellers, or perhaps work together on bits of it, why not? In any case, mine is a long term project, as I currently have very little time (plus I'm also working on a Cessna421 together with another designer). Regarding the ATR, I recently got an extremely valuable feedback from an very kind ATR pilot from Italy, which is good and bad news for those (George!) waiting for it: the good news is that now I'll be able to implement much more functions in the panel, the bad news is that because of this it will take quite a long time to finish. (George, please drop me an e-mail, I think I had your address but somehow I cannot find it anymore)Paco(pacosancas at hotmail.com)sailplane.jpgStultorum numerus infinitus est.