Sign in to follow this  

WHAT IS HAPPENING? HELP PLEASE.

hello fellow simmers,I just encountered something very unsual:I upgraded my nvidia drivers to 41.09 and DX9 and found myself have a new message of FS2002 saying that all my gauges that were 3rd party would not load such as Bill Grabowsky's ERJ's, Richard Probst gauges etc... and no problems whatsoever on the rest. The upgrades went well except this....Am I missing something ?My system:ATHLON 1.9512RAMGF4TI4600 41.09 DRIVERSWINDOWS 98SEDX9thanks for any possible helpLaurent

Guest N247BK

You might be advised to upgrade one more thing: your O/S to WIN-XP.I have to believe the problem is in XML recognition functions ... or something of the sort.

thanks BOB,It was only the FSsound.dll that had just vanished and all is well now!!!Upgrading has been my thought, how does XP behaves with Fs2002, any bugs is it compatible with all 3rd party software (767,simflyers, aerosoft, etc...) I would like to have your feed back.in any case WIN98se is very stable with DX9 and 41.09 !!!BestLaurent

Hi LaurentJust my two cents on this upgrade issue. I am currently running FS2k2 with DX8.1 (I am wondering if you really gain anything with DX9 and geForce4?) and Nvidia 41.09 drivers on Win98SE. In my opinion this is a very stable system. Though I need to do a complete reinstall once in a while just to keep Windows reasonably clean ;-)I am running WinXPpro at work on a heavy CADsystem and I am not at all impressed. It sure it more stable, if that means less "Blue screens of death". But if you by stable mean less program crashes, I would say -No, WinXP is as bad as any other NT based O/S. Haven't tried it with FS2k2 though. But as a general O/S I don't think it's worth an upgrade.Hope I make sense :-)

Guest freequest

I had a winXP and found just a little bit better than win98se i still got BSOD's with it but since i got hold of win2000 pro i have not had a single BSOD if a program dosent work or has a hickup i just go to the task manager and end the program :)...I think win2k is the bees knees.But then i guess a lot also depends on what type of system you run and what software you use.

hi Mats,thanks for your imput !! apparently winXP home is more stable than pro, it is what I have heard!! yes I do not get anymore BSOD's but performance jumped about 20% better on frame rates with these upgrades, if that can help.All is more smoother in fs2k2 and stable, frame rate might be slow on high density environments with 3rd party software, but overall it is fine.BestLaurent