Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

DirectX 9 nears imminent final release....

Guest Rob

THE GREAT SATIN of software has found some mercy in its heart and will finally end the agonising wait for DirectX 9 and is likely to release it tomorrow.With three betas and two release candidates version we saw slowly and surely that DirectX 9 is about to become a fully fledged bird that will help some companies live happier and release DirectX 9 drivers.The only currently shipping card(s) that support it are Radeon 9700 and 9500 Pros and Amateur, which many will find glistening under the Christmas tree. Nvidia did present its DirectX 9 supporter, Geforce FX but this card will be available no sooner than February in quantity.ATI will be the first to benefit from this, since they have been shipping DirectX 9 hardware from September and now they will offer their customers free drivers with full support for DirectX 9 final as soon as it's officially released. ATI is already offering an RC0 version of DirectX 9, its fancy demos and drivers for 9700 and 9500 generations but in about one day it will have the final one ready for its rocking role. Developers will finally have a real API that they can play with.Y'all might be interested in this!

Guest Edam

>THE GREAT SATIN of software has found some mercy in its >heart and will finally end the agonising wait for DirectX 9 >and is likely to release it tomorrow.Yes, but the Great Satin is so smooth though.(Yes, I know...it was a typo. But some of them, which I make myself, are awfully funny.)

You know, this might be a little off topic... but this attitude about Microsoft perplexes me. They create top notch software. Their OS is used in 90% of the world's computers. They employ tens of thousands of people, and through their products, bring food to the table for tens of thousands more. And finally, don't they manufacture a little program called Flight Simulator? Satan? I don't think so.Anyway... finished ranting :-lolVinhttp://www.vinscimone.com/dancnkid.gif

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

So will a EVGA GF4ti4200 card be compatible with the DX9 and will the performace be greatly noticed????Regaurds

Guest Edam

>You know, this might be a little off topic... but this >attitude about Microsoft perplexes me. They create top >notch software. Their OS is used in 90% of the world's >computers. And finally, don't they manufacture a >little program called Flight Simulator? Satan? I don't >think so. I understand what you are saying. The same people who put them down by calling them "The Great Satan," spell their name as "Micro$oft," or "M$," still continue to use their OS, along with any number of their applications, especially Outlook. If they are that bad, why not switch over to a different OS? (Of course, continuing with this may lead this thread into a totally different direction.)

Guest flightpro08
Guest PaulL01

>>So will a EVGA GF4ti4200 card be compatible with the DX9 and >will the performace be greatly noticed???? >>Regaurds Yes it will be compatible, but....Do not think of DX as performance enhancing such as when one adds new/better hardware.DirectX is an API developed by Microsoft that allowsprogrammers to access the hardware directly in Windows In particular, DirectX lets multimedia applications take advantageof hardware acceleration features supported by graphics cards, Sound cards as well as Joysticks etc.Dx9 will be of advantage to run a DX9 game (demo, as there are no DX9 games yet) with DX9 hardware such as the Radeon9700 and GFFX. Do not expect sudden new/faster better performance/image quality with your DX7/8 hardware running a DX7/8 game as there will be none, for that you still need to actualy add new/better hardware.However there will/may be inhancments to stability for some with other hardware problem but it would still be best to let others play the ginnie pig and wait to see how the first "final" version does.

Guest Edam

>I know when I use "M$" in any of my posts, I in no way use >it to "degrade" Microsoft. It's simply a "cute" little >abbreviation. (MUCH unnecessary information deleted.)Why do you consider that "cute," as opposed to a reference pertaining to all the money that they make, which is what most people use it as? "Cute," or not, that's what people will think that you are referring to.

Of course MS makes good products, but they also use the power they've gained off those good products to try to swallow up a market or drive others out...Take a look at the XBOX - how many game developers are we up to now whom MS has bought out so that they can have exculsive XBOX only titles from those devs? Bungie (Halo, Myth series) and Rare (N64 GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark) are two HUGE names that come to mind...I just read today even that MS is now trying to create their own Linux distribution and that they're trying to somehow claim that it's illegal for open source software to exist - that's ridiculous!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You know that alot of people envy the wealthy and sucessful.I personally think Bill Gate$ is a genius and I applaud him for a job well done. I only wish I had the brains and talent to do it first, yes I too ENVY his money :D

Guest Edam

>Of course MS makes good products, but they also use the >power they've gained off those good products to try to >swallow up a market or drive others out... Let's see...assume that you are in an incredibly successful business. What would you do? Try to increase it even further, or be complacent, and say "OK, that's enough," and let others swallow YOU up?

Guest flightpro08
Guest Edam

>Geez man, calm down, If you don't like the little >abbreviations, just ignore them. Is it really that big of a >deal? (MUCH unnecessary information deleted.)Why do you feel that I need to "calm down?" What makes you think that I am not calm? Simply because I disagreed with you? Maybe you needed a "smiley" to make you feel more secure? Perhaps you should read my post again, then read yours. Now...who was it that needs to calm down?

Guest Fortress

>Why do you consider that "cute," as opposed to a reference pertaining to all the money that they make, which is what most people use it as? "Cute," or not, that's what people will think that you are referring to. >Why do you feel that I need to "calm down?" What makes you think that I am not calm? Simply because I disagreed with you? Maybe you needed a "smiley" to make you feel more secure? Perhaps you should read my post again, then read yours. Now...who was it that needs to calm down? (MUCH unnecessary information posted.)God, you sound paranoidPaul

http://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/Fortress.gifVoted Best Virtual Airline of 2002 and Best CEO of 2002 by participants in the BIG VA Vote organized by FSPILOT.comVANF "Best" New Virtual Airline AwardOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logohttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/saint_georgex1.gifhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/RCsupporter.jpg

Guest flightpro08