Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

DirectX 9 nears imminent final release....

Guest N247BK

Paul,You need not explain yourself. Most of those participating in the Forums are here to have fun. A few are here for other reasons.I have had my experience or two with one or two of these characters (who presumably consider themselves superior in some way to the rest of us), and they will only frustrate you. Let's continue to have fun with this fine hobby, and find a way to ignore those who are lost.

rofl...this info is comming from is the inquirer. Believe them? in some cases...yes. But what about that "prediction" on the Det 40, didn't come true till about 1 month later. DX9 might come tomorrow, or next year with the beta expiration date of March 19, 2003. I'm stuck with the DX9 beta RC2 for now :( so I am hopefully waiting for the less buggy, final retail, dx9.

Hmm.... strange comment to make! I don't recall anything about anyone being "forced" to use the beta DX9! As far as buggy, I would like to know just exactly what bugs you are refering to.I have been using the DX9 beta software since it appeared for download, and haven't had any problems whatsoever.http://members.cox.net/pstepanoff/images/t...ppyholidays.gifPete S

hiCall me an #####, call me this blah blah..Seriously, I think we should wait longer, the longer wait, the better it will be, we should no put any pressure on MS, because, you know, it will come out with bugs here and there, unwanted.BTW- Will this be combatable with the Geforce 2 MX cards?-ShaneMerry christmas !

It should be Shane but as others have stated in all probability you will not see much of a performance gain for older cards. What each version of DirectX does is add the "hooks" via tools that allow developers to access new features being added to the newest videocards. Those new hardware features are not of course on your card's GPU or it's firmware either So unless you are going to upgrade yourvideo card I would just hold on and wait and let things settle downbefore I would take the plunge. Dan.

Guest pilotsim7828

What about running;All-in-wonder ATI radeon 8500 DV T.V.,On winXP home