Sign in to follow this  
Guest slydon

Any Or All Fu3 Fans

Hi I Have Just About Completed Fu3 Scenery For fs2002 The Same Textures Except For The Water ,10 Meter Dems The Same Textures As Fu3I Had To Resample Then With Ermapper And Global Mapper Resampling Through Microsoft Sampler Produced Bad Results..I Will ost Screen Shots Soon As I Find Out What Keys To Use In Fs2002 For Capture..But Its The Total Rgion 100 Square Miles....Because Of The Size Of The texture And Bgl Files I Will Have To Distribute On Cd But Willing To Send Anyone A Sample Say 10 Square Miles To Get An Idea..Im Open For Any Suggestions Oneone Might Have...Im Currently Just Finishing The Water Files.Doug

Hello Doug,If you're talking about scenery that looks like the mountains of Northwest Washington in FUIII then I'd sure like to see them and, although many FS2002 flyers don't realize it, I'm sure they would too. I'm sure many current simmers have never seen that scenery as Looking Glass has been out of business for so many years.Bring em' on.

yes Exaclly What Im Talking about north to victoria sout to almost vancouver washington.. amd yes a lot of mountainsdoug

Doug,You didn't specify what areas your scenery encompasses, please elaborate. If the entire U.S. was modeled like NW Washington, I'd probably still be flying FUIII.

For Now I Have All The Area That Fu3 Incompasses I With The Same Textures...If I Get A Fairly Good Resonse Thgen I Will Expand The AreaThe Area Is Made From 1 Meter Doq And Landsat Plus 10 Meter Dems I Will Post Screen Shots Either Today Or Tomorrow From Less Than 3000 FtVery Clear And Detailed I Will Post An Fu3 Map That Will Give You The Area I Have Completed So FarDoug

Guest abent

I used FU, FU2 and FU3. I used to run these games on a P166 and 4MB ATI Rage video card and 32MB of PC-66 RAM and this was before I even knew what frame rates were. I recall it was remarkably smooth with clouds, complex scenery and, frankly, a very reasonable ATC system. It's been so long, I can't remember if there was AI or not. It will be neat to see how this terrain incorporates into FS. I realize that FS is infinitely more complex program and as a result makes a lot more demands on the PC. In retrospect, I'm really impressed with what Looking Glass Studios managed to produce that would run on such little horsepower.Oh and I've never seen rain like the rain in FU in any other sim.Looking forward to your release.Adam

Guest slydon

Have you posted screenshots yet. I am really interested in this. Don