Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbbarker

Which Start First-ActiveSky or FS2K2??

I've tried it both ways and both worked. I've found that I prefer starting FS first and getting myself to the departure airport and then start ActiveSky. Just a personal preference, but either way seems to work ok.KP

I find that when starting ActiveSky before FS, it can take some time for the weather to show up. If you're flying a complex plane like PIC or PSS etc. starting from a cold and dark cockpit, by the time you're done with the pre-flight stuff, your weather will be all there, so it shouldn't really matter. But if you're set up ready to go, I'd start FS first, then ActiveSky will load the weather into FS much quicker.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

I first use SkyWorld 2002SE to load cloud packs and run FS.I then use the FSUIPC Run Options to start ActiveSky wxRE.After SkyWorld does its thing it automatically closes.When FS closes so does wxRE.

Boyd,I agree with JSkorna.From your html address, it looks like you have cable. Since you can stay connected all the time, you might want to pick up the "run options.exe" freeware file. With that, you can have ActiveSky launch automatically when you open FS2k2. It can also automatically close ActiveSky when you exit FS2k2.You can get it at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html , if you don't already have it.Wilson

I have a second PC :) so I start WideFS Client on the 2d one which in turn starts Active Sky and FS Time Sync. I then download a new cycle for offline mode. Then I get a WX brief for my planned flight. Once all that is set I start FS2k2 and load my flight plan which positions me. WideFS locks up with the server and I use the time sync to lock FS2k2 to system time. Then a refresh on Active Sky and I am ready to start programming my FMC and doing pre-pushback checklist (meanwhile AI backup is clearing out).scott s..