Sign in to follow this  

Saving Off-Line Files

Can anyone help?It would be extremely useful if someone can writea batchfile to rename/and save the downloaded weatherfiles, eg 15Z.wxd to something more useful such as dateand time eg 30-1-2003.taf, but this need to be done to thetaf,wind,and metar files, then pointed to within thenewly named wxd file.I'm doing this each time by editing the wxd file as I can't do the programming.Can these file be kept in a sub directory?? Eventually Ican build up a season of weather to re-use. Sometimes theInternet connection takes TOO long and I oftenget timeouts - this will be a good alternative.HANDMickBz

What I do is create a new folder in the ActiveSky directory naming it with todays date (or whatever you want), start up ActiveSky and in the 'Select your off line folder' window select the new folder and then when you Auto Download the files go straight into that newly named folder. see yaRichard

A batch file is not the answer, it wouldn't take more than a minute to write one. BUT you would have to edit the batch file each time you wanted to change the name, wouldn't save much time over manualy editing them!

Hi Richard, thanks for that suggestion, that is the recommend way to handle this..In future versions of wxRE we plan on seriously overhauling the offline file management features for much more ease of use and auto-archiving. Thanks!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...][/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Quick replies!I'll try the different folder - that looks a neat way round it.Many thanks.