Sign in to follow this  

Three shots of Heavy Dense Cumulus (pics)

WolfgangI use a Canon Powershot G2 camera and Photosuite for editing although there are aspects of the camera I am not happy with. Expect to use maybe 5 shots out of 50 taken.Its strange but often the ones you think will be brilliant are disapointing and visa versaPeter

There may be a way to simulate them a bit better. Fly2K did very well with its clouds, at almost no fps hit.One approach MS could take would be applying textures to "hollow" clouds, with some type of random translucency algorithm once someone is inside them. The 3-d objects defining the clouds could have different levels of external translucency. A library of 100 or so cloud objects could give enough of a selection to take on a look similar to Peter's pics. Autogen proves that hundreds of generic textured, 3-d objects can populate the sim without a significant fps loss. Even my P3-800 can hang on to 18-20 fps with Autogen set to normal.I suspect since weather is such a big one on our wishlists, we'll have some surprises in the next FS release.

'The Big Mama's' in Fly!2 were pretty good Peter.

>Expect to use maybe 5 shots out of 50 taken. Yes, I know this problem :-)But at least it's one of the advantages of a digicam, that, assumed you have enough memory with you, you don't have to care too much about the waste.Wolfgang